40 years old

RedBottoms

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:28 pm I’m 46 and I think, well I am told I look good for my age. I know lots of women my age that look terrible. Smoking seems to age women faster than men. My coworker is my age and looks awful. Face and body full of wrinkles and lose skin. She did smoke for years.
Smoking also definitely ages you. I never smoked but for a few months in high school.

I had another doctor tell me a vegetarian diet can keep your skin looking better.
It was weird-he was the doctor that was sewing me up after my c section. He said "I can tell you are a vegetarian and drink lots of water." I was like "Huh how do you know?!"

He said "Your skin. You will heal well and not have a bad c section scar." He was right. My c section scar is barely there. But my mommy pouch is there lol.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:44 am
Oliviasmom72 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:28 pm I’m 46 and I think, well I am told I look good for my age. I know lots of women my age that look terrible. Smoking seems to age women faster than men. My coworker is my age and looks awful. Face and body full of wrinkles and lose skin. She did smoke for years.
Smoking also definitely ages you. I never smoked but for a few months in high school.

I had another doctor tell me a vegetarian diet can keep your skin looking better.
It was weird-he was the doctor that was sewing me up after my c section. He said "I can tell you are a vegetarian and drink lots of water." I was like "Huh how do you know?!"

He said "Your skin. You will heal well and not have a bad c section scar." He was right. My c section scar is barely there. But my mommy pouch is there lol.
No mommy pouch after I had my baby or stretch marks.
I shit glitter
RedBottoms

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:26 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:44 am

No mommy pouch after I had my baby or stretch marks.
Good! I am happy for you. If I had a singleton I probably would not have any either. I measured 40 weeks in tummy size at 23 weeks. Multiples is a whole other game for most women. The human body was not actually made to carry multiples so unfortunately it fucks shit up.

Oh wells- at least I got my babies out of it and that is what I wanted.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

40 is not old.

Some look better with extra weight.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I am 45..I don't know what that is supposed to look like, but people usually think I am younger if the subject comes up. When I was 40 I got carded and the lady was like wow you look very young! That made me feel good but I was all dressed up and at a concert and I don't always dress up like that.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Midnight_Storm wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:35 pm I’m a little confused you’re 40 or the older woman is 40?

40 isn’t old to me but I’m 45. My mom has drilled into my head since I was little to use sun protection and since I was a preteen to moisturize. I’m told I am aging well but never quite sure if that’s really a compliment or an insult, lol.

My mother put protecting our skin from the sun on the same level as as not doing drugs. I'm so glad I listened to her. Several of my friends from high school are paying for their years of being bronze goddesses.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m 41 and assume I look 41
I’m aging like I age, I don’t worry about it too much. I have grey hairs that I color every 6 months or so. I don’t have wrinkles yet, but when I do, I do.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

everyone ages, some at faster rates than others but when you're all 85, NONE of you will look young. count yourself lucky for now and start caring about things other than appearance. before you know it, everyone will see you as a little old lady, do you want to be known as a sweet little old lady or a grumpy one?
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Most women should not look old in their 40's unless they have bad habits.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:46 pm I'm 40 and got carded at the grocery store for buying hard cider last week. Made my day!
Lol I'm 46 and still get carded. This one guy looked at my ID and said oh wow you're a month younger than me for real? Yeah buddy it's not a fake ID and I think you need to make an eye appointment lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic