QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:45 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 am

bwahahahaha okay

I probably would not do it for YOU. I only do it for my friends.

I always check with them first obviously. I don't just show up.

So far everyone has taken me up on it. They don't always have me babysit but they always take the food. And they usually have me in and let me hold the baby too. Good times.
Even if I were your friend none of that shot would be happening. Not at all. Because I would have already had meals made in advance. None of my children would need to be babysat and no one was allowed to see if hold my babies until they were at least 10 weeks old. A couple of them were over 5 months old before people were allowed to meet them.
okay. Well if we were friends-I would probably already know that about you. So no reason to attack me on your doorstep lol.

I also like to sometimes bring the older siblings a "Big Sister/Big Brother" gift. It is usually something like a new Little People set to keep them busy or some coloring books and crayons and markers and stickers. Or some new books about being a big sibling. Things like that. Its especially good for the younger kids because they are known to feel jealous of the new baby so it makes them feel special Aunty Red brought them something cool.
Yeah that's not allowed either. My children are only allowed gifts on their birthday and Christmas. Also, none of my children felt jealous because of a new baby coming home. Maybe it's because I didn't send them away to be babysat after the baby got here. Their life went on as normal
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:47 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:40 am The women of my synagogue we always plan to take meals for new moms, sick friends or those in a community that are sitting shiveh after losing a loved one. It is indeed a great help. I had C-sections, so I wasn’t even allowed to go downstairs for about a week after I got home. It was great not having to worry about meals and instead of having takeout (and some people don’t have the means to eat takeout for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a week), to have home cooked meals every day.

Weird....You weren't allowed to walk downstairs after a c section and after 2 of mine I was walking a quarter mile from the Children's hospital to RMDH and back 2 days after mine
Some women milk it.
oh please. I watched my friend have her c section where she for whatever reason was not going numb. So she felt as they cut into her. I heard her bloody terrifying screams the entire time. It was me and her husband in the OR with her. It was the most horrible thing I have ever seen.

But yeah-some women "milk" it. She had F***ing PTSD after the birth. She said she was never having more kids. No one blamed her. She did end up having another baby eventually but she was F***ing mentally traumatized. Not everyone has easy births. It is so rude and arrogant to think just because maybe your birth and post partum was easy that that applies to everyone.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah, I’m not one of them:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/3497 ... c-section/
Avoid using the stairs when possible for several weeks after your C-section while your body is still healing. If your bedroom or your new baby's bedroom is upstairs in your home, relocate yourself and your infant to the main floor of your house temporarily so you don't have to climb up and down the stairs several times a day.
https://americanpregnancy.org/labor-and ... aftercare/
Things to Avoid:

Sexual intercourse until your health care provider tells you that it is safe
The use of tampons or douche
Taking baths until your incision is healed and you are no longer bleeding
Public pools and hot tubs
Lifting anything heavier than your baby
Repeatedly using stairs
Exercise, at least until your health care provider gives you the go-ahead
https://parenting.firstcry.com/articles ... c-section/
Doctors advise not to climb stairs for several weeks after the surgery. Climbing is restricted as the body requires time to heal completely. If at all you need to climb stairs, it should be done with great care and caution. If it is possible, you should limit the trips up the stairs. You should also remember not to carry anything heavy while going up and down. Doctors have traditionally advised women to avoid stairs after a C section.
And just so you know, we do this for women who have had vaginal births, too. And since I’m not an entitled, lazy bum, I always offer to contribute, like they did to me.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:40 am The women of my synagogue we always plan to take meals for new moms, sick friends or those in a community that are sitting shiveh after losing a loved one. It is indeed a great help. I had C-sections, so I wasn’t even allowed to go downstairs for about a week after I got home. It was great not having to worry about meals and instead of having takeout (and some people don’t have the means to eat takeout for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a week), to have home cooked meals every day.

Weird....You weren't allowed to walk downstairs after a c section and after 2 of mine I was walking a quarter mile from the Children's hospital to RMDH and back 2 days after mine
Some women milk it.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
RedBottoms

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:58 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:45 am

Even if I were your friend none of that shot would be happening. Not at all. Because I would have already had meals made in advance. None of my children would need to be babysat and no one was allowed to see if hold my babies until they were at least 10 weeks old. A couple of them were over 5 months old before people were allowed to meet them.
okay. Well if we were friends-I would probably already know that about you. So no reason to attack me on your doorstep lol.

I also like to sometimes bring the older siblings a "Big Sister/Big Brother" gift. It is usually something like a new Little People set to keep them busy or some coloring books and crayons and markers and stickers. Or some new books about being a big sibling. Things like that. Its especially good for the younger kids because they are known to feel jealous of the new baby so it makes them feel special Aunty Red brought them something cool.
Yeah that's not allowed either. My children are only allowed gifts on their birthday and Christmas. Also, none of my children felt jealous because of a new baby coming home. Maybe it's because I didn't send them away to be babysat after the baby got here. Their life went on as normal
wow you are a barrel of laughs. I don't think we could be friends. You take shit way too seriously
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s the best! Hold em then give me back :)
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:32 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:52 am

maybe this is why people like me. I always bring a meal to a new mother. I don't care if its just one easy baby. I also offer to take her older kids out to the park or something to entertain them for her for several hours. I also offer to run to the store for her if she needs anything.

If you were to.show up.at my door with food I would slam the door in your face,throw your your food out and in no way in he'll would you be taking ANY of my children anywhere.
bwahahahaha okay

So far everyone has taken me up on it. They don't always have me babysit but they always take the food. And they usually have me in and let me hold the baby too. Good times.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:01 am That’s the best! Hold em then give me back :)
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:32 am

If you were to.show up.at my door with food I would slam the door in your face,throw your your food out and in no way in he'll would you be taking ANY of my children anywhere.
bwahahahaha okay

I love babies and kids but I am always a bit scared of newborns. They are so tiny and fragile. I hold them a few minutes and hand them back.I prefer babies when they are more durable lol.I really like the 4 to 8 month age range. That is the best phase to me
Anonymous 5

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:59 am

Some women milk it.
oh please. I watched my friend have her c section where she for whatever reason was not going numb. So she felt as they cut into her. I heard her bloody terrifying screams the entire time. It was me and her husband in the OR with her. It was the most horrible thing I have ever seen.

But yeah-some women "milk" it. She had F***ing PTSD after the birth. She said she was never having more kids. No one blamed her. She did end up having another baby eventually but she was F***ing mentally traumatized. Not everyone has easy births. It is so rude and arrogant to think just because maybe your birth and post partum was easy that that applies to everyone.
Lmao. I know someone........
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m the anthitesis of milking it. That anonymous must be one of my haters over from N&P, lol. If anything, I usually try to shake everyone off me ASAP. I live in Mexico, where live in maids are common and ever since I got married I refused to have a maid. I see how friends and family of mine become dependent on maids and their lives actually fall apart if the maid leaves, it’s pathetic. And I like my privacy with my family and things done my way. You can imagine the rolled eyes I got when I still refused to have a maid after having children, I mean, how would I ever cope without one?? 😱 What do you know? I did. It’s been 12 years since my last child was born and I still “cope” with it just fine.
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:51 am
Some women milk it.
Uhhh.....I would really hate to say that about this particular poster. But your right some people do milk it
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree.
And we even do this for women who had a normal birth with no complications who are fine and dandy. Just to give them one less thing to think about for a week or 2. As I said in my previous post, here in Mexico most of these women have a maid, so helping around the house isn’t necessary. But it’s nice not to have to worry about meals either, and it’s nice to be treated nicely by your friends during that time. We’ve never had anyone “milking it”, ever.

Some women milk it.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
RedBottoms

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:17 am I agree.
And we even do this for women who had a normal birth with no complications who are fine and dandy. Just to give them one less thing to think about for a week or 2. As I said in my previous post, here in Mexico most of these women have a maid, so helping around the house isn’t necessary. But it’s nice not to have to worry about meals either, and it’s nice to be treated nicely by your friends during that time. We’ve never had anyone “milking it”, ever.

Some women milk it.

I was raised in the US South and that is just how things are done here. Its pretty common for friends/family and churches to bring meals by when a woman has a baby. I was in a mothers club and we always did it for the new moms in the club.
Locked Previous topicNext topic