Something I dont understand

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don’t think my family and my in laws would intentionally go on vacation 2 weeks after my baby is born, they would like to be here. But I wouldn’t be offended or angry if they did.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The women of my synagogue we always plan to take meals for new moms, sick friends or those in a community that are sitting shiveh after losing a loved one. It is indeed a great help. I had C-sections, so I wasn’t even allowed to go downstairs for about a week after I got home. It was great not having to worry about meals and instead of having takeout (and some people don’t have the means to eat takeout for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a week), to have home cooked meals every day.
QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:43 pm
Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:36 pm
CandTmom wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:30 pm

I've never understood needing help with a baby.
Same. Multiples I guess I could understand, that's a handful. A regular birth and singleton though? Not really. I had a friend try to schedule her own meal train and mothers help for the weeks following the birth of her second. No one signed up.
Why did she think she needed a meal train and what exactly was she wanting help with? What did she say when no one signed up
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:32 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:52 am

maybe this is why people like me. I always bring a meal to a new mother. I don't care if its just one easy baby. I also offer to take her older kids out to the park or something to entertain them for her for several hours. I also offer to run to the store for her if she needs anything.

If you were to.show up.at my door with food I would slam the door in your face,throw your your food out and in no way in he'll would you be taking ANY of my children anywhere.
bwahahahaha okay

I probably would not do it for YOU. I only do it for my friends.

I always check with them first obviously. I don't just show up.

So far everyone has taken me up on it. They don't always have me babysit but they always take the food. And they usually have me in and let me hold the baby too. Good times.
Even if I were your friend none of that shot would be happening. Not at all. Because I would have already had meals made in advance. None of my children would need to be babysat and no one was allowed to see if hold my babies until they were at least 10 weeks old. A couple of them were over 5 months old before people were allowed to meet them.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:40 am The women of my synagogue we always plan to take meals for new moms, sick friends or those in a community that are sitting shiveh after losing a loved one. It is indeed a great help. I had C-sections, so I wasn’t even allowed to go downstairs for about a week after I got home. It was great not having to worry about meals and instead of having takeout (and some people don’t have the means to eat takeout for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a week), to have home cooked meals every day.
Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:36 pm

Same. Multiples I guess I could understand, that's a handful. A regular birth and singleton though? Not really. I had a friend try to schedule her own meal train and mothers help for the weeks following the birth of her second. No one signed up.
Why did she think she needed a meal train and what exactly was she wanting help with? What did she say when no one signed up
Weird....You weren't allowed to walk downstairs after a c section and after 2 of mine I was walking a quarter mile from the Children's hospital to RMDH and back 2 days after mine
Anonymous 5

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:47 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:40 am The women of my synagogue we always plan to take meals for new moms, sick friends or those in a community that are sitting shiveh after losing a loved one. It is indeed a great help. I had C-sections, so I wasn’t even allowed to go downstairs for about a week after I got home. It was great not having to worry about meals and instead of having takeout (and some people don’t have the means to eat takeout for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a week), to have home cooked meals every day.

Weird....You weren't allowed to walk downstairs after a c section and after 2 of mine I was walking a quarter mile from the Children's hospital to RMDH and back 2 days after mine
Some women milk it.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 am

Some women milk it.
Uhhh.....I would really hate to say that about this particular poster. But your right some people do milk it
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, the doctor told me no stairs. It’s actually quite a common order after a C-section. You can’t treat a C-section like just a slightly different birth. It’s major abdominal surgery. The movement required for climbing stairs (which is different from walking) can create injuries and complications. I’m actually surprised you weren’t told about the stairs thing. It’s pretty well known.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
RedBottoms

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:45 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:32 am

If you were to.show up.at my door with food I would slam the door in your face,throw your your food out and in no way in he'll would you be taking ANY of my children anywhere.
bwahahahaha okay

I probably would not do it for YOU. I only do it for my friends.

I always check with them first obviously. I don't just show up.

So far everyone has taken me up on it. They don't always have me babysit but they always take the food. And they usually have me in and let me hold the baby too. Good times.
Even if I were your friend none of that shot would be happening. Not at all. Because I would have already had meals made in advance. None of my children would need to be babysat and no one was allowed to see if hold my babies until they were at least 10 weeks old. A couple of them were over 5 months old before people were allowed to meet them.
okay. Well if we were friends-I would probably already know that about you. So no reason to attack me on your doorstep lol.

I also like to sometimes bring the older siblings a "Big Sister/Big Brother" gift. It is usually something like a new Little People set to keep them busy or some coloring books and crayons and markers and stickers. Or some new books about being a big sibling. Things like that. Its especially good for the younger kids because they are known to feel jealous of the new baby so it makes them feel special Aunty Red brought them something cool.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 am No, the doctor told me no stairs. It’s actually quite a common order after a C-section. You can’t treat a C-section like just a slightly different birth. It’s major abdominal surgery. The movement required for climbing stairs (which is different from walking) can create injuries and complications. I’m actually surprised you weren’t told about the stairs thing. It’s pretty well known.

I was not even able to bend over the first couple days after my c section. The next day after the birth-I needed to shower and get all the blood and stuff off of me. I was not even able to bend over enough to wash my own private parts. It was horrible and DH said he does not remember. He must have blacked it out-but he had to wash my vagina and butt area and legs and feet for me. I really could not reach them without screaming in pain I guess because it put pressure on the incision.

So he washed me for me. By the next day I was better enough to do it myself. But that first day-NOPE. Couldn't do it.

I also was walking very slowly afterwards. They had me walking up and down the hall and DH had to hold me and steady me and I was shuffling like an old person. I had been on strict bedrest with the twins since week 28 to week 35 so I was not even used to doing much moving at that point.

So its really arrogant to think and apply your rules and your birth experience to everyone else like she is doing. Everyone is different.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 am No, the doctor told me no stairs. It’s actually quite a common order after a C-section. You can’t treat a C-section like just a slightly different birth. It’s major abdominal surgery. The movement required for climbing stairs (which is different from walking) can create injuries and complications. I’m actually surprised you weren’t told about the stairs thing. It’s pretty well known.

I had two csections I am fully aware. You apparently were a whiny milker.
Locked Previous topicNext topic