Something I dont understand

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think this is a function of everyone looking for a reason to be mad and have their feelings hurt now. That sounds like a pretty imbalanced thing to say. Maybe it's the hormones?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't understand why she's upset. My parents are planning to come up when this one is born for a couple weeks, then they're going on vacation like a week after that. My concern was them over exerting themselves prior to their vacation.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:45 pm I think this is a function of everyone looking for a reason to be mad and have their feelings hurt now. That sounds like a pretty imbalanced thing to say. Maybe it's the hormones?
Yeah...no. That's nothing but ducking entitlement. You don't get to dictate someone's vacation for shoving out a crotch gremlin. Like I said I just don't get that
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Some people just look for things to bitch about. That woman is probably wishing she could go on a vacation.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:43 pm
Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:36 pm
CandTmom wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:30 pm

I've never understood needing help with a baby.
Same. Multiples I guess I could understand, that's a handful. A regular birth and singleton though? Not really. I had a friend try to schedule her own meal train and mothers help for the weeks following the birth of her second. No one signed up.
Why did she think she needed a meal train and what exactly was she wanting help with? What did she say when no one signed up
Apparently it's "helpful" to provide the new parents with meals so they can relax after having the baby and not worry about cooking, help was with cleaning, her 3 year and babysitting so she could rest properly. She was REALLY pissed off when no one signed up, and even more pissed off when many didn't go to the baby shower, because it was at noon on a weekday. A lot of us worked. She was definitely entitled and cut a lot of us out of her life over it.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:22 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:17 pm Another discussion on Reddit...A woman is upset because her in laws are going on vacation 2 weeks after her due date....

Why in the hell should her due date have anything to do with someone elses vacation plans? It doesnt mean anything. It doesnt mean you arwnt important to them or they dont care about you. It means they went on vacation.

I dont understand the entitlement of people today.
In laws often can't win if they go on vacation a few weeks later they don't care but I bet if the in laws came around to help out she would be complaining they were smothering her and the baby.
I’ve never seen so many nasty , picky and harsh women as here ( and at the old CM)
They find reasons to bash In-laws and parents and seem threatened by them.
They just don’t know how to care about people other than themselves.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:22 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:17 pm Another discussion on Reddit...A woman is upset because her in laws are going on vacation 2 weeks after her due date....

Why in the hell should her due date have anything to do with someone elses vacation plans? It doesnt mean anything. It doesnt mean you arwnt important to them or they dont care about you. It means they went on vacation.

I dont understand the entitlement of people today.
In laws often can't win if they go on vacation a few weeks later they don't care but I bet if the in laws came around to help out she would be complaining they were smothering her and the baby.
I’ve never seen so many nasty , picky and harsh women as here ( and at the old CM)
They find reasons to bash In-laws and parents and seem threatened by them.
They just don’t know how to care about people other than themselves.

Woah,woah....I haven't seen many people bash their in laws. I have seen moms set boundaries and there is nothing wrong with that..Call before coming over.no visitors at the hospital,vaccinations up to date...Those I have seen,no sleeping at your home, nuclear family only at Christmas? Nothing wrong with any of those boundaries. But hitching because your in laws are going vacation around your due date is just too much.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:43 pm

Same. Multiples I guess I could understand, that's a handful. A regular birth and singleton though? Not really. I had a friend try to schedule her own meal train and mothers help for the weeks following the birth of her second. No one signed up.
Why did she think she needed a meal train and what exactly was she wanting help with? What did she say when no one signed up
Apparently it's "helpful" to provide the new parents with meals so they can relax after having the baby and not worry about cooking, help was with cleaning, her 3 year and babysitting so she could rest properly. She was REALLY pissed off when no one signed up, and even more pissed off when many didn't go to the baby shower, because it was at noon on a weekday. A lot of us worked. She was definitely entitled and cut a lot of us out of her life over it.
Good for you
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Me neither...unless you've just delivered triplets or had a rough delivery.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:27 pm The only way I might be upset about them going away would be if MIL had promised to help me with the baby and I had been depending on that help. But that would never happen in my case because I wouldn't be asking for help. I loved being left alone in the days immediately following the births of my kids.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Guess they let her know what they thought of that plan! LOL
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:27 pm The only way I might be upset about them going away would be if MIL had promised to help me with the baby and I had been depending on that help. But that would never happen in my case because I wouldn't be asking for help. I loved being left alone in the days immediately following the births of my kids.
Locked Previous topicNext topic