Is it rude to ask someone if they want to go back to work?

wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:10 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:04 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:59 pm

.....but shes my friend.....?

How close a friend?
I've know her for 7 years we talk at gatherings and birthday parties and yada yada yada
Do you talk at times besides gatherings and birthday parties? From her reaction, it sounds like she doesn't think you're a close enough friend to be asking a question like that.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would not find it rude. I would realize my friend did not know me very well.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Doesn’t bother me but I made it clear I was going back. Somehow I got a new job at 9 months pregnant, lol.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Depends on how you ask it. If she thinks you are putting down the idea of her not going back to work and being a SAHM-then yes it could be considered rude to her.

If you are just asking out of curiosity but support her not going back to work-then it won't be rude.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

People today look for things to get offended by. The sentence "Are you going back to work" is not offensive, no matter how you say it. People are ridiculous.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I think people are oversensitive lately and take offense to everything. No that's not offensive. I breastfed my daughter and my cousin couldn't. She kept telling me how hurt she was that I could and she couldn't and how I shouldn't think I was better mother because of it. I never brought up the breastfeeding thing either nor did I ever breastfeed around her.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

If it is rude to ask, then I need to stop asking. I ask out of curiosity, and regardless their answer, I encourage them for their decision.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't think it's rude.. 🤷‍♀️ I'm not going to tell them they should or shouldn't work. You gotta do whatcha gotta do, right? I've been a working mom and I'm currently a sahm, so I know what it's like.
honeyrder
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:42 pm I see it as normal conversation. I don't know why any reasonable person would take offense.

It's an intrusive question unless you're close friends with the person you ask.
She is friends with this person. She really ought to ask her friend what the problem was is she wants to know.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It's kind of nosy to ask a stranger or someone you just met, but I dont think its rude to ask a friend.
Locked Previous topicNext topic