Is it rude to ask someone if they want to go back to work?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A friend of mine were talking about her baby and how shes doing and if shes working and I asked do you want to go back to work.
She looked like she was taken back a little by the question.

Do people not ask this do you think its too personal of a question?
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It’s a question I’m sure tons of working females have been asked. Some do, some don’t.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't think it is but she may be sensitive about it.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Did she work up until she had the baby? How old I'd said baby? I only ask because I have a friend who said that to her it felt like a question that was rushing her into going back to work, and not really anyone's business. Some have the mind your own business mentality some don't care. She might have felt it wasn't your place to ask.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Think of the stupid, ugly comments some members in this group have made about SAHM. Your friend may have already heard comments like that and taken it as a criticism even though you didn't mean it that way.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Maybe she doesn't have a choice and is upset. I don't think it an inappropriate question though
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I see it as normal conversation. I don't know why any reasonable person would take offense.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I didn’t mind being asked IF I was going back but it did piss me off when people asked WHEN I was going back.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:42 pm I see it as normal conversation. I don't know why any reasonable person would take offense.

It's an intrusive question unless you're close friends with the person you ask.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:42 pm I see it as normal conversation. I don't know why any reasonable person would take offense.

It's an intrusive question unless you're close friends with the person you ask.
It's only intrusive if you're hypersensitive. It's conversation to everyone else.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic