At what age did you allow your Dd to wear makeup?

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Never under my roof - outside of special occasions. It is not something I want them to get used to on the daily.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My 11yr old wants to but she’s going to have to wait till at least 13.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My eldest is 14 and showed no interest in makeup, she has really sensitive skin though so I'm kinda glad. I don't even own makeup of any kind.
RedBottoms

Unread post

no DDs but I would allow her to wear make up for stage if she did pageants or dance at any age. For regular every day wear-probably middle school. I would let her play around with it at home whenever she wanted to start learning how to do it.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I could swear I already replied to this topic. But anyway, I think for her 6th grade school concert I put a very subtle amount on her, but to just go and say here is the make-up, go to it; high school would be my preference. We are not there yet.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:37 am no DDs but I would allow her to wear make up for stage if she did pageants or dance at any age. For regular every day wear-probably middle school. I would let her play around with it at home whenever she wanted to start learning how to do it.
I think it is something that they should grow into. Then after that there is the "inspection" before they leave the house!
RedBottoms

Unread post

I have a son and he started having to wear full stage make up at 9. He hates it but realizes its a necessity. I want to teach him how to do it himself. That is something we are going to work on. So far I do it for him.

He has to wear foundation, powder, concealer, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick and eyebrow pencil for dance productions.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I substitute at our local school and a lot of the girls start wearing make up at 10 or 11. My daughter is 10 and has worn make up for her dance recitals but other than that not right now.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It depended on which girl it was. My oldest and youngest DDs wear minimal makeup at 20 and 15 and they were 12/13 when they expressed interest in lip gloss and a bit of mascara. Middle DD really has a passion for makeup and hair styling and even attends a technical high school for cosmetology. She was 11 when she started asking and by 13 was wearing whatever she chose. She always looks awesome and appropriate. I think she was 14 the first time I let her do my makeup for an event. I still can't do it the way she does lol.
nmkj
Countess
Countess

Unread post

She's only one but once she asks we will talk about it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic