Does this get on your nerves?

Turkle
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Point to your ears and try to indicate to the windbag that you have a hearing problem?!
"Prison inmates are treated to cable TV, hot meals and a college education, while on the outside some people can only afford these things through a life of crime."
Anonymous 2

Unread post

One teenager I know but he has autism. He doesn't always do it but he can get onto a subject and expound for a long time. It usually involves video games.
Turkle
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:38 pm One teenager I know but he has autism. He doesn't always do it but he can get onto a subject and expound for a long time. It usually involves video games.
The fact that he carries on isn't his fault, though, given that he is autistic.
"Prison inmates are treated to cable TV, hot meals and a college education, while on the outside some people can only afford these things through a life of crime."
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Turkle wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:43 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:38 pm One teenager I know but he has autism. He doesn't always do it but he can get onto a subject and expound for a long time. It usually involves video games.
I know but I think the question was does it annoy me? And sometime yes it does but I just try to seem interested. If I do interject something he continues on. He won't go on for hours though eventually he winds down. Actually he seems to be getting better. For your client I'd bring earplugs lol.
Turkle
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:51 pm
Turkle wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:43 pm
I know but I think the question was does it annoy me? And sometime yes it does but I just try to seem interested. If I do interject something he continues on. He won't go on for hours though eventually he winds down. Actually he seems to be getting better. For your client I'd bring earplugs lol.
Well, I have to say that I don't like people nattering on about nothing; DH does it sometimes.

It really annoys me when I am trying to read on the couch and he's watching TV.

Oh, that's another thing.

Does it bother you when you are trying to do something like read, and are interrupted by bursts of conversation such as, "Did you see what So and So just did? Look!" punctuated by a dramatic forefinger at the TV screen?

I don't even watch TV that much, save for the news and sports updates, the latter of which can be comical.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I hope someone is teaching him not to do that.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 3

Unread post

And don't you just hate when you ask a simple YES or NO question and the person goes on for 20 minutes before (if ever) answering you?!!!

My DH is like that. After 20 years of marriage, now when I ask him a YES or NO question, if he starts off on a tangent, I stop him right in his tracks and say, "Wait! Please first answer my question. You can elaborate for 20 minutes AFTER you answer my question."
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:22 pm My MIL and my 12 year old son. It’s exhausting lol
Your son sounds like my daughter.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:37 pm And don't you just hate when you ask a simple YES or NO question and the person goes on for 20 minutes before (if ever) answering you?!!!

My DH is like that. After 20 years of marriage, now when I ask him a YES or NO question, if he starts off on a tangent, I stop him right in his tracks and say, "Wait! Please first answer my question. You can elaborate for 20 minutes AFTER you answer my question."
LOL
I posted a very similar rant!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I understand how it's exhausting to listen to someone give a long-winded story to something simple, or go on and on about nothing in particular.

Out of curiosity, is this an elderly person? I ask because I've known more than one older person who was alone a lot so they talked a lot when someone was with them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic