The emergency room couldnt help me

Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The fact that you are self medicating is enough for any doctor to question you...especially taking someone else’s narcotics
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Incontinence in the setting of severe back pain is a red flag to any provider. I simply cannot believe that you are being blown off by MULTIPLE ER providers in this day and age of defensive medicine. Maybe one incompetent one, but it's just so unbelievable that multiple providers have done nothing.

Me personally, if the symptoms are true, I would go to the ER and do the following:

Be kind, apologetic, and self-deprecating while appreciative.
Don't ask for pain medicine.
Don't act hysterical.
Don't be accusatory.

If they tried to dismiss me without any further studies, this would be my response: "I am sorry, I keep coming back here, but I am horribly scared. I am worried I have Cauda Equina syndrome or maybe mutiple sclerosis due to my incontinence of urine. I know an MRI will rule out both of these conditions. I would never, ever tell you how to do your job, I know you have so much knowledge, but please, can I have an MRI of my lower spine. If I just know that is normal, I can work on these spasms and pain with my out-patient provider. But right now I am really scared and in so much pain. Thank you."

This is what I would do for myself or any of my loved ones.

Good luck to you.
silverdawn99
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

The er is not used to treat stuff like that. You need to go to your doctor. And the fact that you shoveling laxatives down your throat isn't going to help your situation. They are not going to give you an mri (which costs thousands of dollars) just because you asked for one
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:02 am I went to a different er yesterday. They did a catscan and said im constipated.I poop all the time . I just urinated on myself again because I could not stand up.I also took an enema last night and laxatives.No change in pain
My sister had pain like that but it turned out her appendix was about to rupture which for some reason caused her to be constipated. Did they check your appendix?
Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

This happened to me except I lost all use of my left extremities. I had ruptured my disc and had emergency back surgery. I would call your PCP and tell them you cannot control your bladder. Ask their recommendation.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

She was incontinent because he back hurt too much to get up fast enough, not because she lost control of her bowels or bladder. That’s a big distinction. Huge.

MRIs for chronic conditions are not emergencies. By their very nature, MRIs aren’t appropriate tests for the ER.

She needs to go TO A PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN to get a work up. Not an ER
Anonymous 13 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:11 pm Incontinence in the setting of severe back pain is a red flag to any provider. I simply cannot believe that you are being blown off by MULTIPLE ER providers in this day and age of defensive medicine. Maybe one incompetent one, but it's just so unbelievable that multiple providers have done nothing.

Me personally, if the symptoms are true, I would go to the ER and do the following:

Be kind, apologetic, and self-deprecating while appreciative.
Don't ask for pain medicine.
Don't act hysterical.
Don't be accusatory.

If they tried to dismiss me without any further studies, this would be my response: "I am sorry, I keep coming back here, but I am horribly scared. I am worried I have Cauda Equina syndrome or maybe mutiple sclerosis due to my incontinence of urine. I know an MRI will rule out both of these conditions. I would never, ever tell you how to do your job, I know you have so much knowledge, but please, can I have an MRI of my lower spine. If I just know that is normal, I can work on these spasms and pain with my out-patient provider. But right now I am really scared and in so much pain. Thank you."

This is what I would do for myself or any of my loved ones.

Good luck to you.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:16 am Im still in a crazy amount of pain.Woke up this morning could not move to go to the bathroom by the time i sat up i was peeing on myself.

Yesterday i took 7 exlax and drank two cups of miralax..had normal bowel movements than nothing at all.I was not constipated.Im almost paralyzed at this point.When i lay down I cant get back up without excruiating pain.
Part of that pain probably is.. you took seven ex lax which I just noticed. Ds used to have chronic constipation. Ex lax stimulates the colon and sometimes cramps him badly. The miralax won't do that. That just softens stool. You need to do what the other woman said. Go to your ER and firmly but kindly ask for help or go to your clinic and firmly but kindly ask for help.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I would try a chiropractor. They can get you in right away usually. They will do an x ray and if they are scared you are too serious-they can refer you to a doctor right away or even write you a letter to take to the ER saying they tried to treat you but you were too serious for them. It could help
Anonymous 14

Unread post

I don't know a whole hell of a lot but I know this much:

If I were in this much pain, I wouldn't be playing on the computer or my phone.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Setting the stage for a lawsuit kookoo?
Locked Previous topicNext topic