How late do you let your 11 year old play at a friend's house?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

It's after 9 pm. I can't imagine leaving my children at someone's house this late.

I had him text his mom 15 minutes ago. She still isn't here.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

There would be a prearranged time for pickup.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I always ask what time I should pick up when they go over.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

An 11 year old on a Friday night? Eh. I would have prearranged a time but wouldn't have an issue with my own staying until 10 or so, especially if they are playing well together or watching a movie. Mine often had sleep overs at that age either in our home or at a friend's home.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 pm An 11 year old on a Friday night? Eh. I would have prearranged a time but wouldn't have an issue with my own staying until 10 or so, especially if they are playing well together or watching a movie. Mine often had sleep overs at that age either in our home or at a friend's home.
The boy just showed up. I normally don't mind. I have the house all the kids go to. I just think it is too late unless prearranged.

She has sleepovers pretty much every weekend. Her friend was already here for one. The kid who showed up is a boy. So he can't stay 😀
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

6 pm unless he was invited to dinner.
RedBottoms

Unread post

typically if its going to be late-they just sleep over. But its normally prearranged.

I have had kids over late and not had a sleepover but it was arranged with the parents.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:44 pm
sheramom4 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 pm An 11 year old on a Friday night? Eh. I would have prearranged a time but wouldn't have an issue with my own staying until 10 or so, especially if they are playing well together or watching a movie. Mine often had sleep overs at that age either in our home or at a friend's home.
The boy just showed up. I normally don't mind. I have the house all the kids go to. I just think it is too late unless prearranged.

She has sleepovers pretty much every weekend. Her friend was already here for one. The kid who showed up is a boy. So he can't stay 😀
can you just take him home or send him home?
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

On a Friday night I have allowed it as late as 11pm. Not a biggie on a non school night but I have it all worked out with the parents before it happens.
Shell7m
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'd just let him spend the night. On the couch. No biggie.
Locked Previous topicNext topic