Do you think they are different?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My MIL the other day went on a rant about illegal immigrants and how she was sick of them coming into our country and taking jobs and help away from her. She has the same exact stance on legal immigrants and thinks they are the same thing. She believes that we should take care of Americans befor anyone else not born here. Do you think they are different?
RedBottoms

Unread post

I typically follow the belief that "Charity begins at home"-meaning until we have every American citizen taken 100% care of-we have NO business helping non Americans. There are Americans without healthcare. There are American children without services for autism or other special needs.There are homeless Americans. There are failing schools that are failing American children.

Until we get ALL that 100% squared away-we should not give one penny to a non American.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I think there are dozens of posts in the news and politics section in this subject that I suggest you read if you'd like opinions in this subject.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I think we should help citizens first then legal immigrants. Illegal immigrants should get sent back. If they want to come here they can do it the right way.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:17 pm My MIL the other day went on a rant about illegal immigrants and how she was sick of them coming into our country and taking jobs and help away from her. She has the same exact stance on legal immigrants and thinks they are the same thing. She believes that we should take care of Americans befor anyone else not born here. Do you think they are different?
Illegals are not taking jobs from Americans. They do jobs that Americans wont do for the most part. But I do think we should stop letting them into the country until we get the ones that are here illegally....legalized completely or send them back until they can go through the process legally.
We should be taking care of our war veterans and homeless people before caring for people from other countries
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Those people don't have the same rights as she does. They likely don't even make minimum wage and are probably treated like crap. Honestly, if a company is hiring illegal immigrants, it's probably best to avoid that company.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Research shows that immigration brings more benefits than costs. https://reason.com/reasontv/2018/02/14/ ... mmigration
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:47 pm Research shows that immigration brings more benefits than costs. https://reason.com/reasontv/2018/02/14/ ... mmigration
Very good article thank you for posting the link.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think a person is a person and if they need help they should get it. Children should come first obvs and I wouldn't support murderers, etc getting help before anyone but my goodness I can't imagine looking at someone and saying "Well, you just have to starve because we need to feed people who had the sheer dumb luck to be born here first." If you were born here you did nothing to earn your privilege. You.Got.Lucky.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes, they are very different.
Locked Previous topicNext topic