Do you think they are different?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:53 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:17 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:17 pm I think a person is a person and if they need help they should get it. Children should come first obvs and I wouldn't support murderers, etc getting help before anyone but my goodness I can't imagine looking at someone and saying "Well, you just have to starve because we need to feed people who had the sheer dumb luck to be born here first." If you were born here you did nothing to earn your privilege. You.Got.Lucky.
And some if not most were born here because our grandparents or great grandparents (or however many decendants back )immigrated LEGALLY instead of crawling through a tunnel, climbing under or over a wall or swimming here.
The illegals chose to bring their kids here illegally or chose to give birth here so their kids would be here legally. Its their responsibility to feed these kids not Americans because those illegals kids were born here by sheer dumb luck because their illegal parents made it into the country without getting caught.
I don't think you understand how immigration worked for our grandparents and great grandparents. Up until about 1932, all you had to do was show up and not be tubercular to be welcome here. And it wasn't until the fifties that things like quotas started. Today, the bureaucracy is such that it's LOADS easier and WAY less expensive to come illegally. There's really no point in comparing then and now.
"Up until about 1932, all you had to do was show up and not be tubercular to be welcome here. And it wasn't until the fifties that things like quotas started." I agree with you but would like to add that that was only the case for free white persons. Other groups were not given those privileges.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:44 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:17 pm I think a person is a person and if they need help they should get it. Children should come first obvs and I wouldn't support murderers, etc getting help before anyone but my goodness I can't imagine looking at someone and saying "Well, you just have to starve because we need to feed people who had the sheer dumb luck to be born here first." If you were born here you did nothing to earn your privilege. You.Got.Lucky.
And some if not most were born here because our grandparents or great grandparents (or however many decendants back )immigrated LEGALLY instead of crawling through a tunnel, climbing under or over a wall or swimming here.
The illegals chose to bring their kids here illegally or chose to give birth here so their kids would be here legally. Its their responsibility to feed these kids not Americans because those illegals kids were born here by sheer dumb luck because their illegal parents made it into the country without getting caught.

I'm not OK with letting children starve period. Doesn't matter who is responsible for them.
I bet if it came down to your kids or an illegal kid, you would pick your kids.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:31 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:44 pm

I'm not OK with letting children starve period. Doesn't matter who is responsible for them.
I bet if it came down to your kids or an illegal kid, you would pick your kids.

Anyone would choose their kids. But there's no reason for our nation to have to choose. There's enough for everyone but the people elected are too stupid to balance a budget properly and that's why money isn't going to the right places.
Locked Previous topicNext topic