Would you punish?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:50 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:19 am

And allllllll that would cause him to do is be sneakier about it next time so he doesn't get caught...is that what you want? A sneak?
If by "sneakier" you mean he will not leave his list of curse words lying around at home for anyone to find, then yes I want him to be "sneakier." So we should never try to teach our kids anything because they will sneak it anyway? I teach my kids to know when something is and is not appropriate. Leaving lists of curse words around when you have younger siblings or your parents could find it is not appropriate. I have an eight year old son. He knows what those words mean and he knows they are not allowed in our house. He knows that if he chooses to use those words in his personal life among his peers as he gets older, that is his choice to make, but they are not allowed in our house. My parents taught me the same thing and it didn't make me a sneak, it simply taught me that actions have consequences and to think about my choices.
obviously you don't know what 'making a mountain out of a molehill' means...
So you set a rule for your kids and they break it, no big deal. Have fun with that.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:59 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:50 am

If by "sneakier" you mean he will not leave his list of curse words lying around at home for anyone to find, then yes I want him to be "sneakier." So we should never try to teach our kids anything because they will sneak it anyway? I teach my kids to know when something is and is not appropriate. Leaving lists of curse words around when you have younger siblings or your parents could find it is not appropriate. I have an eight year old son. He knows what those words mean and he knows they are not allowed in our house. He knows that if he chooses to use those words in his personal life among his peers as he gets older, that is his choice to make, but they are not allowed in our house. My parents taught me the same thing and it didn't make me a sneak, it simply taught me that actions have consequences and to think about my choices.
So you set a rule for your kids and they break it, no big deal. Have fun with that.

What would you do if you found out one of your children had written those words in their diary?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:11 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:59 am

What would you do if you found out one of your children had written those words in their diary?
I don't read my children's diaries.
Locked Previous topicNext topic