Spin off how often were you left alone as a teen?

Deleted User 1039

Unread post

We were latchkey kids, so every school day we were alone for a while.

No boyfriends were allowed over. My parents weren’t total idiots.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We were left alone(older brother left in charge) for about 2 hrs everyday after school until my parents got home. In high school my parents left us alone for 2 weeks to go to Europe.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I had 5 siblings. We were home without parents often, but nobody ever got the chance to be totally alone with that many of us kids. Our house wasnt exactly the type to invite anyone else to anyway, so no chance of any trouble making that way.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My mom was a teacher and my dad the head of maintenance at the school so we were home pretty much every day after school by ourselves for a few hours unless we had practice. Then if my brother had an away game while I had practice or something like that I would have the house to myself all night. In the summer when my mom was gone for continuing education for weeks at a time I would be responsible for caring for my little sis (unless she went to my grandparents) and making lunch for my dad.

However we also lived in a little town of about 300 people where what you had to do was drive around town and country roads and we got our permits (driving without at parent) at 14 and our license at 16, we had plenty of freedom and alone time to do what we wanted.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

For a few hours a day after school. We werent allowed to go anywhere or have anyone come over until our parents came home.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Starting in 7th grade I was home alone for an hour or so until my parents got home from work. I loved it. My mom left directions on how to start a simple dinner, and that's how I learned to cook.

In high school I was left alone overnight a few times if my parents went out of town. I was allowed to have friends over, but my friends and myself were very behaved kids and we would just watch movies and eat pizza.

My friends had similar experiences with their parents and being home alone.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

All the time, my mom was a single mom and was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was 14. She spent many months in and out of the hospital. When she was in the hospital my younger sister and I were pretty much on our own. We road the bus to visit her after school and back home. I handled dinner and helping my sister with homework. No boyfriends, my best friend came over often to help me with my sister. She died a week after my graduation.

I was kinda forced to become an adult way to young. Our father was a drunk and just didn't give shit. My uncle and his wife were supposed to be trustee's for her estate and were supposed to care for us while she was in the hospital. We barely saw them other than when he brought me money for groceries. All they did was find ways to take the money my mother left to take care of us.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm one of 7 siblings. I was never alone...lol.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

From the time I was 10 years old until I moved out I was home alone for 3 hours or more every day after school. Once I was in high school, there were days I wouldn't see my dad for 24+ hours.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Rarely. I lived with my mom, dad, and uncle. Sometimes my nephew and sister lived there for periods of time. I moved in with my oldest son's father at 16.
Locked Previous topicNext topic