Spin off how often were you left alone as a teen?

Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My parents owned a business so starting in 6th grade I was home alone daily. Starting at 16 they would leave me home alone overnight as well.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:25 pm A lot
My mom worked 2 jobs at time
And was working on her Masters.
I was a latch key kid at 8
Here too. After school dump our bags and go play than my parents came home.
I shit glitter
mommeruchy
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Very rarely. My mother stayed home and I'm 1 of 10 so there was ALWAYS siblings around lol. And boyfriend? Never never never. Not even something I knew existed when I was a teen.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

All afternoons once I went to high school. My parents would go on a yearly week long vacation and leave me and my sister home.
I had no rules when it was just me and my sister.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Every day. My parents commuted a long distance to another city. It was our job to cook dinner every night. The freedom we had you all would clutch your pearls. I had bfs over but never misbehaved. Tbh many of the guys I knew I saw them as immature rednecks. Maybe that's snooty of me but oh well.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think I was left alone at 15 overnight. I had to keep the fire going during the winter. I had to feed all the livestock and keep the farm going. I disliked the woodstove part, but otherwise it was fine.
Tapies2324
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Often. For weeks at a time after my mom got sick. She had to go live out of state waiting for a transplant and dad would go stay with her. I was 16, plenty old enough to take care of myself.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

During the week a lot. My mom worked ever since my earliest memory first as a financial assistant and then as a high pressured stock broker in the NYC area. My Dad works for the EPA and traveled all the time. On weekends I do remember my mom being around.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

A lot. Especially once I got my license and car at age 16. My mom and her boyfriend would go away for the weekend and I would be home alone. Yes I brought boys over to the house and I had S*x in my own bedroom with said guys (not at the same time, but over time there was more than one). I never did the party thing but having a guy over, absolutely.

Even at 14/15, I was regularly home alone after school and often during the evening into all hours. It was not unusual for me at that age to wake up at 2am to hear my mom and her boyfriend shouting at each other. They had just gotten home from the bar, both completely drunk having a fight, and neither would remember a thing about it the next morning. But I did. Probably part of the reason why once I got my freedom at 16 I used it as much as I could. I very much had a "I'll do what I want to do" attitude at 16 and I often stayed out 'till early in the morning. It's because I didn't want to be home for that shit.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Until I was 40 :lol: , the rule was always, "No boys in the house when mom and dad aren't home."

All kidding aside, at 16, I wasn't home often. But no boy would be permitted in my bedroom. And no boy was in the house if my parents weren't.
Locked Previous topicNext topic