Spin off how often were you left alone as a teen?

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A lot
My mom worked 2 jobs at time
And was working on her Masters.
I was a latch key kid at 8

Technically no boys over. But I was sneaky
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I was home alone every afternoon, and usually at least some time over the weekend, not usually overnight though. I had friends over a lot since my house was the closest to the school.

BF’s mom didn’t want me at their house without an adult present, but he was allowed to come to my house even though his mom must have known we were there alone at least some of the time. I never understood that.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Both my parents worked my mom came home at 4:30 and I got home from school at 2:30. All vacations and the whole summer I was home alone from about the age of 9 for about 9 hours or so.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

2-3 days at a time.

My boyfriend moved in when I was 16
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Home alone from age 6 on. Parents had the rule that one of us had to be home at all times in case they called.Being the nerdiest, well that meant my siblings always took off while I was doing homework. As we got older the rule was no friends over if parents weren't home. We followed the rules for the most part because we'd narc on each other otherwise.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

4th grade on.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My mother left me home for 2-3 weeks at a time by age 12. She was an irresponsible parent completely absorbed into the dick of the month. I was emancipated by 16.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:11 pm Spin off from other post. As a teen how often were you left alone at home? In what circumstances? Were you allowed friends or boyfriends over?

My parents left me home alone a lot as a teen. My mom was a SAHM and was normally there when I got home from school every day. But her and SD might go out to dinner or Lowes and leave me alone. If I had a friend or boyfriend over-they still left.

On the weekends they would go to their property an hour away where he was building their new house and work there all day. Occasionally they even left me alone overnight once I was 16 and could drive on my own.

I was always told "No parties" but you can have boyfriend or a few friends over.
I am the middle child of five kids and we were more or less two years apart. So I was not ever really left alone often. I could have boyfriends over, but they would just add to the crowd. We had parties as teens, but again, just one's with everyone around. Now, and the big now! If I wanted my OWN crowd, I went to parties, but they came with either blessings or sneakiness.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

I was a latch key kid from the time I was in fifth grade forward. Only rule I had were the few chores I had. Otherwise, I could do whatever I wanted
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:34 pm I was home alone every afternoon, and usually at least some time over the weekend, not usually overnight though. I had friends over a lot since my house was the closest to the school.

BF’s mom didn’t want me at their house without an adult present, but he was allowed to come to my house even though his mom must have known we were there alone at least some of the time. I never understood that.

By insisting an adult be at her house it gave her plausible deniability in case there was a teen pregnancy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic