My kids are no longer allowed at my sils

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My sil got a puppy a few months back. It's a pit, husky, great dane so a strong, big dog that will require a lot of training.
We went by her house today to pick up my niece and the puppy was barking at us and jumping trying to get over the gate it was behind. Whatever its a puppy right? My sil shut her in a room and said "sorry we aren't doing people around her."
I'm sorry but not socializing a dog like that is a recipe for disaster. Every dog needs trained but one of that size and strength really needs it.
And I have no problem with pits who are properly trained btw but this one is not. My kids will not be allowed around that dog.
Am I overreacting?
RedBottoms

Unread post

Well it sounds like she is planning on keeping the dog put away from people anyway. So maybe it won't be an issue.

But I would not want an untrained large strong dog like that around my kids. So I would require it be put up or we would not go over there
Anonymous 2

Unread post

So she kept her dog away from your kids so they wouldn't get hurt and now you don't want them back over there? What was she thinking?? :P
It would make more sense that you'd come to this conclusion if one of them were hurt by the dog.
I'm sure she will be devastated. :lol:
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:58 pm So she kept her dog away from your kids so they wouldn't get hurt and now you don't want them back over there? What was she thinking?? :P
It would make more sense that you'd come to this conclusion if one of them were hurt by the dog.
I'm sure she will be devastated. :lol:
So shes just not socializing the dog and not seeing any danger in that. At this point the puppy wouldn't hurt my kids.
But it concerns me because shes not one to see the danger in letting an unsocialized dog around my kids.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So why not say something?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

She IS training the dog. She isn't doing it correctly though. None of my dogs are socialized because I want them as guard dogs but they know who's supposed to be here and who isn't.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:19 pm She IS training the dog. She isn't doing it correctly though. None of my dogs are socialized because I want them as guard dogs but they know who's supposed to be here and who isn't.
Shes not planning for it to be a guard dog.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:31 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:19 pm She IS training the dog. She isn't doing it correctly though. None of my dogs are socialized because I want them as guard dogs but they know who's supposed to be here and who isn't.
I don't believe that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:18 pm So why not say something?
I did actually. I recommended a great dog training program I used for my puppy and suggested she let the puppy get to know my kids whole shes still young.
Sil informed me she has no plans to train or socialize the dog. Shes sure she will be a great dog without any intervention on her part.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:31 pm
I don't believe that.
You don't believe bad dog owners exist? Who dont want a guard dog but don't understand the importance of socialization?
Locked Previous topicNext topic