My kids are no longer allowed at my sils

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:35 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:31 pm

Shes not planning for it to be a guard dog.
I don't believe that.
You don't believe bad dog owners exist? Who dont want a guard dog but don't understand the importance of socialization?
I don't believe she isn't planning on making it a guard dog. I think you may just be making some of this up as you read posts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:37 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:35 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:32 pm

I don't believe that.
You don't believe bad dog owners exist? Who dont want a guard dog but don't understand the importance of socialization?
I don't believe she isn't planning on making it a guard dog. I think you may just be making some of this up as you read posts.
I know shes not because we talked about dog training and socialization and she told me the dog will grow up to be well behaved and friendly without that. Shes never had a puppy before only adult dogs.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Just tell her that you will be bringing a stun gun when you visit to protect your kids from her soon to be humongous untrained dog
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why worry? Rate they're going it will end up at the Humane society soon enough when they have a big untrained dog to contend with.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You are being a bit ridiculous in my opinion. We rescued a lab/Shepard/pit mix and as a newly acquired puppy he had to be kenneled around my two nephews. He had been hurt by his previous owners kids of that age and our otherwise loving dog would bark and growl and try to get them. It was a slow acclimation process that didn’t take one visit. So chill.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't think you are overreacting because these type of dogs have been known to break through doors. They need training. Pit Bulls are illegal in Ontario for now.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My brothers dogs have never been trained. They are assholes who bark every time we arrive. They beg for food they bump into you for attention, etc. I’d love if my brother crated them every time we came over. I’d visit more that I do. 😂
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:03 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:58 pm So she kept her dog away from your kids so they wouldn't get hurt and now you don't want them back over there? What was she thinking?? :P
It would make more sense that you'd come to this conclusion if one of them were hurt by the dog.
I'm sure she will be devastated. :lol:
So shes just not socializing the dog and not seeing any danger in that. At this point the puppy wouldn't hurt my kids.
But it concerns me because shes not one to see the danger in letting an unsocialized dog around my kids.
But she's not letting him around your kids. What are you complaining about?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I'm sure she'll miss you lots. You sound lovely.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:34 pm
LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:18 pm So why not say something?
I did actually. I recommended a great dog training program I used for my puppy and suggested she let the puppy get to know my kids whole shes still young.
Sil informed me she has no plans to train or socialize the dog. Shes sure she will be a great dog without any intervention on her part.
It does sound like the real issue you are having is she isnt doing it the way you would do it.

You recommend a place, one you used prior with good results.
The advice wasn't asked for so it wasn't received the way you wanted it to be received.

Before there is even an issue [who knows maybe she will decide working with training is a good thing] you make a declaration.
Locked Previous topicNext topic