He is screwed

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My dh does construction. He's been doing it for 22 years. It is all he knows. In December her hurt his back at work. He finally got them to do a MRI. The doctor told him he has a lot of arthritis in his back and some disc protrusion, which is typical in his line or work. But told dh he need to consider another line of work or he will eventually destroy his back. That everytimes he picks up something
heavy he is going to throw out his back again. He doesn't know anything else . I work but i dont make enough to support us on my own. I make less than half of what he makes and the reason i work is because we need both of 0ur incomes.

f**k. I told him we arw going to have to figure out something. I dont want him destroying his back..
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Can he get a office job at that construction job? Like instead of lifting heavy equipment he could be in the office doing invoices or answering phones. Or he could get a supervisor job. In which he is a expert so he tells everyone else what to do and he can do the light stuff like a nail hammer or sawing just not the heavy stuff.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He should try for your county as an inspector.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

See about him going back to school. There must be something he'd like to do besides construction.

My FIL used to own a rock crusher, and he encouraged hubby to go back to school, and find another career. Because of the toll it was taking on them.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:07 pm Can he get a office job at that construction job? Like instead of lifting heavy equipment he could be in the office doing invoices or answering phones. Or he could get a supervisor job. In which he is a expert so he tells everyone else what to do and he can do the light stuff like a nail hammer or sawing just not the heavy stuff.
They have all women working in the office
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:09 pm See about him going back to school. There must be something he'd like to do besides construction.

My FIL used to own a rock crusher, and he encouraged hubby to go back to school, and find another career. Because of the toll it was taking on them.
Im dead set against my son going into this line of work because of what is does to the body. Hell my isn't even 40 yetm will be 40 this year.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry. That sounds very stressful for you both.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:10 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:07 pm Can he get a office job at that construction job? Like instead of lifting heavy equipment he could be in the office doing invoices or answering phones. Or he could get a supervisor job. In which he is a expert so he tells everyone else what to do and he can do the light stuff like a nail hammer or sawing just not the heavy stuff.
What does that have to do with anything?
I shit glitter
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:31 pm
What does that have to do with anything?
They don't hire men to work in the office, only women.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Okay? That doesn't mean you have to be a woman to work there.
Locked Previous topicNext topic