Thanks for the chicken pox!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My dd came home yesterday from school with a note just a heads up that a child in dd class had chicken pox and stressed how important it is for kids to have the chicken pox vaccine. Well that's fine because I am NOT stupid and got my kids vaccinated but they are several people that didn't get the vaccine because they have already had it or the vaccine was released after they were way older.

Now it is a well known fact if you get chicken pox as a adult it is much worse. So I called mil and checked if dh had chicken pox as a child. He is good he had a bad case as a kid.

I then called my mom about me. She said I had a very mild case of them when I was 2 I got them from my cousins before they showed symptoms. So since I had such a mild case of them I can get them again!

Chicken pox is so contagious so I am worried I will get them again because someone didn't want to vax their child. I know you can get them even if you were vaccinated but since the note stressed how important it was to get it I am betting that child wasnt.

So I guess I will have to wait and see if I get them again.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The paranoia in this post is as bad as someone who thinks vaccines cause autism.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It usually is mild when you are that young. It's unlikely you'll get it again.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

🙄lol
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:23 am🙄lol
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So go get the vaccine.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:27 am So go get the vaccine.
The vaccine isn't going to do any good if I already have them.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Be sure to put lots of typos in the “I have chicken pox” post. It will make it easier for us to believe that you got chicken pox in this absurd way if it reads as if you are sick.
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:29 am
Lunarprancer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:27 am So go get the vaccine.
The vaccine isn't going to do any good if I already have them.
So why didn't you keep up to date with your vaccinations?
RedBottoms

Unread post

You can get tested to see if you have immunity to it. I am a chicken pox typhoid Mary. I was exposed to it like 20 times and never would get it. Finally in middle school I had a case of it but it was still very mild and only had a handful of spots.

So we were not sure if I ever got immunity. This was before the vaccine. I had the test done and I am immune. Go get the test to find out for sure
Locked Previous topicNext topic