Thanks for the chicken pox!

Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:05 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 pm I am so damn tired of hearing this stupid sh*t! Every damn child who gets chicken pox, measles, whooping cough... is NOT unvaxed. All of you who cry this sh*t every time a kid gets something just look plain stupid AF! I had a very very bad case of chicken pox when I was 15 years old. Guess what! I was vaccinated. The majority of these kids getting measles , pox, etc ARE vaccinated.
Tell that to Clark County, WA. The measles outbreak there has soared to 50+ people, the majority are unvaccinated children under 10 years old. Gov. Inslee has declared a state of emergency over it. I can't find it now, but I read somewhere that an unvaccinated child/person traveled to eastern Europe and brought it back to the States.
meanwhile, what IS killing children -
Twenty-eight children have died of flu-related complications this season as of February 2, the CDC noted.
This year's flu shot is less than 50% effective in preventing infection, CDC says
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/health/f ... index.html
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:02 pm
JoJo728 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:23 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:58 pm I had them in my early twenties. They make it out to be way worse than it is. I have a small scar on the side of my nose and one small scar on the side of my forehead from a burst pox. It isn't a colossal thing.
Depends on the person. I had the chicken pox in my mid 30s. I would not wish it on my second worst enemy (only my worst). You got off lightly. I had 104 temp, pox all over my body and actually in my mouth. I was non functional for several days.
UGH! That absolutely sux! I'm so sorry!
It did suck. I was exposed through my friends child. She had been warned of an outbreak at her daughter’s preschool but chose to ignore it. They came to my daughter’s 1st birthday party. Of the 3 unvaccinated babies and myself, I was the only one who caught it. My daughter caught it from me. The funny thing was that we both were scheduled to get the vaccine the following month.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:05 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 pm I am so damn tired of hearing this stupid shit! Every damn child who gets chicken pox, measles, whooping cough... is NOT unvaxed. All of you who cry this shit every time a kid gets something just look plain stupid AF! I had a very very bad case of chicken pox when I was 15 years old. Guess what! I was vaccinated. The majority of these kids getting measles , pox, etc ARE vaccinated.
Tell that to Clark County, WA. The measles outbreak there has soared to 50+ people, the majority are unvaccinated children under 10 years old. Gov. Inslee has declared a state of emergency over it. I can't find it now, but I read somewhere that an unvaccinated child/person traveled to eastern Europe and brought it back to the States.
So many of the stories and complaints I see by people online claim some unvaxed kid got this or that and spread it to everyone else. Or there’s some story like the other anon was telling me who claimed a mass outbreak and not one person who was vaccinated was among the sick.
I see twisted stories by people with an agenda. The agenda is to force people into vaccinations so they use scare tactics. I don’t even believe half of what is said in the media. We all know the media twists shit all the time for their own agendas.
There was this one story where this woman was ranting on Facebook and it went viral. She claimed her baby boy of only a few months was exposed to measles at the doctors office by someone who wasnt vaccinated. She made it out to sound like parents who didn’t vaccinate would be responsible for her sons death if he got the measles. The kid never got sick. Come to find out she wasn’t even exposed at the dr office from an unvaxed kid. She was exposed by someone she knew who WAS vaccinated. She just twisted it for her own agenda and to use scare tactics.
Look, I’m all for vaccinations. I think all children should be vaccinated. But I am NOT for scare tactics and twisted stories by people trying to force vaccinations on other people. To me, in my opinion they kill their argument the moment they twist things and use scare tactics. I don’t trust them or many news articles because of this. I don’t trust people online. I don’t trust people in general. People in general are a bunch of liars.
Now I know nothing of the story you speak of because I don’t live anywhere close and haven’t seen it on national news. I’m sure there were plenty of people vaccinated who also got the measles. . I have never known one person who died from measles or chicken pox. I know it happens but it’s not that common. I’m waiting for people to try to force the flu shot on all the kids because the flu is deadly.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Dds vaccinated friend got chicken pox. We had spent the week camping with them and my unvaccinated children didn't get it.
How do you know this kid wasnt vaccinated?
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:03 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 pm I am so damn tired of hearing this stupid sh*t! Every damn child who gets chicken pox, measles, whooping cough... is NOT unvaxed. All of you who cry this sh*t every time a kid gets something just look plain stupid AF! I have a very very bad case of chicken pox when I was 15 years old. Guess what! I was vaccinated. The majority of these kids getting measles , pox, etc ARE vaccinated.
Oh so that huge measles outbreak in Disney world was just a BIG coincidence that not one vaccinated person got it but a huge amount of non vax people did. And I bet that it is a huge coincidence that polio was almost non existent until people stopped vaccinating and then there was a huge jump in polio cases.
A huge jump in polio cases? You cant seriously believe that. A traveler brought polio in in 1993 but no cases have originated in the United states since 1979. There were only 22 cases of polio worldwide in 2017.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:55 am
BionicBunny wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 pm I am so damn tired of hearing this stupid sh*t! Every damn child who gets chicken pox, measles, whooping cough... is NOT unvaxed. All of you who cry this sh*t every time a kid gets something just look plain stupid AF! I have a very very bad case of chicken pox when I was 15 years old. Guess what! I was vaccinated. The majority of these kids getting measles , pox, etc ARE vaccinated.
Oh so that huge measles outbreak in Disney world was just a BIG coincidence that not one vaccinated person got it but a huge amount of non vax people did. And I bet that it is a huge coincidence that polio was almost non existent until people stopped vaccinating and then there was a huge jump in polio cases.
A huge jump in polio cases? You cant seriously believe that. A traveler brought polio in in 1993 but no cases have originated in the United states since 1979. There were only 22 cases of polio worldwide in 2017.
instead, we now have something just like polio striking our children, with no known cause, or discrepency who it strikes, and no cure, and not much investigation going on, nor follow up of these children afflicted.
AFM: The Polio-Like Mystery Illness

As of January 2019, federal health officials have confirmed over 200 cases of acute flaccid myelitis (AFM) in the United States―a very rare but serious illness that can cause sudden polio-like symptoms such as weak muscles and paralysis. Most of these cases have been in children around 4 years old.

The spike in the number of 2018 cases of AFM is similar to those in 2016 and 2014. However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is investigating all suspected cases of AFM. A common thread linking the cases has not been found.
https://www.healthychildren.org/English ... s/AFM.aspx
Anonymous 11

Unread post

scemily526 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:44 am

instead, we now have something just like polio striking our children, with no known cause, or discrepency who it strikes, and no cure, and not much investigation going on, nor follow up of these children afflicted.

As of January 2019, federal health officials have confirmed over 200 cases of acute flaccid myelitis (AFM) in the United States―a very rare but serious illness that can cause sudden polio-like symptoms such as weak muscles and paralysis. Most of these cases have been in children around 4 years old.

The spike in the number of 2018 cases of AFM is similar to those in 2016 and 2014. However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is investigating all suspected cases of AFM. A common thread linking the cases has not been found.
That is true however it is a different disease and the vaccine won't protect against it just because it has similar symptoms. That's not the way vaccines work at all. To blame that on antivaxers is ignorant at best. This isnt even a strain of polio it's a completely different disease.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:17 pm

That is true however it is a different disease and the vaccine won't protect against it just because it has similar symptoms. That's not the way vaccines work at all. To blame that on antivaxers is ignorant at best. This isnt even a strain of polio it's a completely different disease.
Polio and AFM are an enterovirus -- related somewhere down the line
Historically, poliomyelitis was the most significant disease caused by an enterovirus, namely poliovirus. There are 64 non-polio enteroviruses that can cause disease in humans: 23 Coxsackie A viruses, 6 Coxsackie B viruses, 28 echoviruses, and 5 other enteroviruses.
Enterovirus - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterovirus
This year, enteroviruses and rhinoviruses have been among the causes identified in patients, while none have tested positive for poliovirus or West Nile virus. Although causes have been identified for some individual cases, there hasn’t been a common thread that would explain the spike this year.
CDC seeks cause of acute flaccid myelitis as cases spike
http://www.aappublications.org/news/201 ... /afm101718
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:18 pm
jas wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:07 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:20 am It usually is mild when you are that young. It's unlikely you'll get it again.
While it's unlikely to get chicken pox again, she CAN get shingles which is a variant. I had chicken pox when I was little and had shingles in my 30's. I would wish that on NO ONE. It is extremely painful.
Yes!
I just posted about this !
I got shingles and it wasn’t too bad but I had little red itchy sore spots on the left side of my chest and stomach for a few weeks. I took medication for it.
I’ve know friends who had it for months and still have sensitivity in areas where the rash was .
Ugh.
Another good reason to get kids vaccinated, right?!
A study came out a couple of years ago showing that the vaccine does not prevent people from getting shingles. It's a live virus vaccine so essentially it gives kids the chicken pox in a very mild typically symptom free form.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:56 pm
Anonymous 11 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:17 pm

Polio and AFM are an enterovirus -- related somewhere down the line
Historically, poliomyelitis was the most significant disease caused by an enterovirus, namely poliovirus. There are 64 non-polio enteroviruses that can cause disease in humans: 23 Coxsackie A viruses, 6 Coxsackie B viruses, 28 echoviruses, and 5 other enteroviruses.
Enterovirus - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterovirus
This year, enteroviruses and rhinoviruses have been among the causes identified in patients, while none have tested positive for poliovirus or West Nile virus. Although causes have been identified for some individual cases, there hasn’t been a common thread that would explain the spike this year.
CDC seeks cause of acute flaccid myelitis as cases spike
http://www.aappublications.org/news/201 ... /afm101718
I cant believe I have to spell this out for you. Them being the same type of virus does not mean the vaccine is effective against it. Hand foot and mouth is also an enterovirus but the polio vaccine doesn't prevent that either. In fact there are 64 types of enteroviruses. And just like the flu vaccine doesn't prevent all strains of the fly the polio vaccine does not prevent all enteroviruses.
You might as well be saying kids are getting hand foot mouth because they aren't vaccinated against polio.
Locked Previous topicNext topic