Thanks for the chicken pox!

Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:30 pm
Libbylu2 wrote:Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:36 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:53 pm

Chicken pox vaccine doesnt protect against Shingles. In fact since the CP vaccine uses live virus it can reactivate later in life as Shingles. Rare but does happen.
Duh
I Know that the vaccine doesn’t prevent shingles!

The only way you get shingles is if you have HAD chicken pox , the disease!!!
I had chicken pox in 1949.
I got shingles in 1995.
Do you understand?
More than you do. The You get shingles from exposure to the Varicella Zoster Virus. Which is the chicken pox virus. It lies dormant until it re-emerges as Shingles. That exposure can can come from the actual disease or from the chicken pox vaccine which uses the live virus.
Shingles is caused by the virus.
That’s exactly what I said!
From the virus which stays in your system after having chicken pox.
The vaccination doesn’t cause shingles!
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20353054
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I still think the chicken pox vaccine is stupid.

You're freaking out over nothing
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:19 pm
Poietes wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:22 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:17 pm

For the most part it is. You need to have been exposed to the chicken pox virus either by having the disease or through the chicken pox vaccine.
Right, I took it as her saying you had to have had the disease and wouldn’t get it if you had the vaccine. That’s what I’m saying she is wrong about
I did not say that .

You get shingles if you have had chicken pox, the disease.

But you can also get shingles if you’ve had the vaccine. That comes right from the vaccine makers.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:31 pm I still think the chicken pox vaccine is stupid.

You're freaking out over nothing
It’s something , not “ nothing “.
It can cause long lasting injuries, deafness, high fevers that cause brain damage for example!( I was a kid before the vaccination was created . One of my friends in my 3rd grade class was brain damaged after having chicken pox)
I’ll find articles for you.
Here’s one:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20351282
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:26 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:30 pm
Libbylu2 wrote:Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:36 pm
Duh
I Know that the vaccine doesn’t prevent shingles!

The only way you get shingles is if you have HAD chicken pox , the disease!!!
I had chicken pox in 1949.
I got shingles in 1995.
Do you understand?
More than you do. The You get shingles from exposure to the Varicella Zoster Virus. Which is the chicken pox virus. It lies dormant until it re-emerges as Shingles. That exposure can can come from the actual disease or from the chicken pox vaccine which uses the live virus.
Shingles is caused by the virus.
That’s exactly what I said!
From the virus which stays in your system after having chicken pox.
The vaccination doesn’t cause shingles!
Yes it can. Rare but possible...
Screenshot_20190215-175805.png
Deleted User 876

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:42 am You can get tested to see if you have immunity to it. I am a chicken pox typhoid Mary. I was exposed to it like 20 times and never would get it. Finally in middle school I had a case of it but it was still very mild and only had a handful of spots.

So we were not sure if I ever got immunity. This was before the vaccine. I had the test done and I am immune. Go get the test to find out for sure
Yup.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:34 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:00 pm
jas wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:07 pm

While it's unlikely to get chicken pox again, she CAN get shingles which is a variant. I had chicken pox when I was little and had shingles in my 30's. I would wish that on NO ONE. It is extremely painful.
You don't get shingles from new contact with the chicken pox virus. You get shingles from the chicken pox virus that is already dormant in your body. It can re-emerge if you have a weakened immune system, which is why most people who get it are elderly. You also can get shingles if you have been vaccinated and haven't had chicken pox itself.
You can get chicken pox from exposure to Shingles though
Yes, because the shingles rash secretes the chicken pox virus, so you can get chicken pox from shingles if you haven't had it before. But, you don't get shingles from being around someone who has chicken pox.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:29 am
Lunarprancer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:27 am So go get the vaccine.
The vaccine isn't going to do any good if I already have them.
uhhhhh;....why not just go get a blood test to see if you're immune to it instead of flipping out?
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:36 pm
Libbylu2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:19 pm
Poietes wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:22 pm

Right, I took it as her saying you had to have had the disease and wouldn’t get it if you had the vaccine. That’s what I’m saying she is wrong about
I did not say that .

You get shingles if you have had chicken pox, the disease.

But you can also get shingles if you’ve had the vaccine. That comes right from the vaccine makers.
yup, and now there's lawsuits against the shingles vaccine for creating problems in people.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:03 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 pm I am so damn tired of hearing this stupid sh*t! Every damn child who gets chicken pox, measles, whooping cough... is NOT unvaxed. All of you who cry this sh*t every time a kid gets something just look plain stupid AF! I have a very very bad case of chicken pox when I was 15 years old. Guess what! I was vaccinated. The majority of these kids getting measles , pox, etc ARE vaccinated.
Oh so that huge measles outbreak in Disney world was just a BIG coincidence that not one vaccinated person got it but a huge amount of non vax people did. And I bet that it is a huge coincidence that polio was almost non existent until people stopped vaccinating and then there was a huge jump in polio cases.
gee, the cases of AFM, Accute Flaccid Myelitis, is JUST like polio - affecting hundreds of childrenin the USA, who ARE paralyzed - and no one is really looking into this 'enterovirus' that is afflicting children with a 'polio like' illness.
Locked Previous topicNext topic