Thanks for the chicken pox!

Anonymous 7

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 pm I am so damn tired of hearing this stupid shit! Every damn child who gets chicken pox, measles, whooping cough... is NOT unvaxed. All of you who cry this shit every time a kid gets something just look plain stupid AF! I have a very very bad case of chicken pox when I was 15 years old. Guess what! I was vaccinated. The majority of these kids getting measles , pox, etc ARE vaccinated.

OP has to be a troll. She's not getting chicken pox after having it herself as a child from contact with her vaccinated dd who may have had contact with a child who had chicken pox at school probably last week. That's not how this works.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:18 pm
jas wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:07 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:20 am It usually is mild when you are that young. It's unlikely you'll get it again.
While it's unlikely to get chicken pox again, she CAN get shingles which is a variant. I had chicken pox when I was little and had shingles in my 30's. I would wish that on NO ONE. It is extremely painful.
Yes!
I just posted about this !
I got shingles and it wasn’t too bad but I had little red itchy sore spots on the left side of my chest and stomach for a few weeks. I took medication for it.
I’ve know friends who had it for months and still have sensitivity in areas where the rash was .
Ugh.
Another good reason to get kids vaccinated, right?!
Chicken pox vaccine doesnt protect against Shingles. In fact since the CP vaccine uses live virus it can reactivate later in life as Shingles. Rare but does happen.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I had them in my early twenties. They make it out to be way worse than it is. I have a small scar on the side of my nose and one small scar on the side of my forehead from a burst pox. It isn't a colossal thing.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:53 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 pm I am so damn tired of hearing this stupid shit! Every damn child who gets chicken pox, measles, whooping cough... is NOT unvaxed. All of you who cry this shit every time a kid gets something just look plain stupid AF! I have a very very bad case of chicken pox when I was 15 years old. Guess what! I was vaccinated. The majority of these kids getting measles , pox, etc ARE vaccinated.

OP has to be a troll. She's not getting chicken pox from contact with her vaccinated dd who may have had contact with a child who had chicken pox at school probably last week after having it herself as a child. That's not how this works.
Oh I know that. I’m not falling for this ridiculous post. The whole twisting shit for their own agenda on vaccinations is annoying AF though. I’m all for vaccinations but I’m not for scare tactics or twisted agendas to force people to vaccinate because people think they should be able to have control over other people’s decisions.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:20 am It usually is mild when you are that young. It's unlikely you'll get it again.
While it's unlikely to get chicken pox again, she CAN get shingles which is a variant. I had chicken pox when I was little and had shingles in my 30's. I would wish that on NO ONE. It is extremely painful.
You don't get shingles from new contact with the chicken pox virus. You get shingles from the chicken pox virus that is already dormant in your body. It can re-emerge if you have a weakened immune system, which is why most people who get it are elderly. You also can get shingles if you have been vaccinated and haven't had chicken pox itself.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Oh, good grief
Anonymous 7

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:58 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:53 pm

OP has to be a troll. She's not getting chicken pox from contact with her vaccinated dd who may have had contact with a child who had chicken pox at school probably last week after having it herself as a child. That's not how this works.
Oh I know that. I’m not falling for this ridiculous post. The whole twisting shit for their own agenda on vaccinations is annoying AF though. I’m all for vaccinations but I’m not for scare tactics or twisted agendas to force people to vaccinate because people think they should be able to have control over other people’s decisions.

YES! I so agree!
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We didn’t vaccinate against varicella either, with the pediatricians blessing. He was seeing more young people with shingles than he had pre vaccine. So we opted to decline it. Nothing stupid about making an educated decision for your children.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:12 am My dd came home yesterday from school with a note just a heads up that a child in dd class had chicken pox and stressed how important it is for kids to have the chicken pox vaccine. Well that's fine because I am NOT stupid and got my kids vaccinated but they are several people that didn't get the vaccine because they have already had it or the vaccine was released after they were way older.

Now it is a well known fact if you get chicken pox as a adult it is much worse. So I called mil and checked if dh had chicken pox as a child. He is good he had a bad case as a kid.

I then called my mom about me. She said I had a very mild case of them when I was 2 I got them from my cousins before they showed symptoms. So since I had such a mild case of them I can get them again!

Chicken pox is so contagious so I am worried I will get them again because someone didn't want to vax their child. I know you can get them even if you were vaccinated but since the note stressed how important it was to get it I am betting that child wasnt.

So I guess I will have to wait and see if I get them again.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Seriously? It's the bloody chicken pox. Until 2000ish it was a common childhood illness. You got them at 2 and likely have immunity. If you're worried have the doctor run a titre for chicken pox on you and get the vaccine if you don't have immune protection.

You know the last reported success rate of the chicken pox vaccine was less than 80%, right? That means that 20% of the little boogers walking around whose parents think they have immunity to chicken pox are little walking transmitters. Our school had a CP outbreak. Every child who caught them had had the vaccine.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:53 pm
Libbylu2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:18 pm

Yes!
I just posted about this !
I got shingles and it wasn’t too bad but I had little red itchy sore spots on the left side of my chest and stomach for a few weeks. I took medication for it.
I’ve know friends who had it for months and still have sensitivity in areas where the rash was .
Ugh.
Another good reason to get kids vaccinated, right?!
Chicken pox vaccine doesnt protect against Shingles. In fact since the CP vaccine uses live virus it can reactivate later in life as Shingles. Rare but does happen.
Duh
I Know that the vaccine doesn’t prevent shingles!

The only way you get shingles is if you have HAD chicken pox , the disease!!!
I had chicken pox in 1949.
I got shingles in 1995.
Do you understand?
Locked Previous topicNext topic