I can’t do it all, I won’t even try

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sometimes we eat out for a week because I don’t want to cook. Sometimes the kitchen is clean and I don’t want to dirty dishes. If the living room is clean, the dining room is a mess. My kids rooms are a mess and I just close the door. There are nights we sit on the couch and have cereal for dinner, because between work, activities and homework I’m just done. I’m not super woman and I have accepted that and am not going to run myself more ragged trying
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I've been there.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 2

Unread post

very understandable! we are that way as well! oh well! as long as the kids are fed and feel loved, is all that matters imo!
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Meh, you guys are eating so who cares.

Just be careful with all that fast food/going out to eat. We used to do that a lot until I developed gallstones from too much fatty foods. I now need surgery to remove it.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We have have timeswhen we needed to do the same. Are your kids loved,have clothes to wear and are they eating? If yes then you are good.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We don't eat out because it's too much energy to take 6 people out to eat or get their orders (yes, I'm that lazy/overwhelmed at times) but there are a lot of nights we'll have spaghetti with Ragu or cereal for dinner out of disposable bowls because I don't have the energy to cook and clean up. Between working full time, running kids to activities and trying to keep up with the messes I don't have the energy to do everything.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Been there, as long as your kids have food, clothing, and shelter you're good.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We all have those days. I really do not feel like cooking tonight so I think it will be either a "Fend for yourself night" - leftover night or a omelette night.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It is a good idea to identify the activities you can "outsource" to make your life calmer, less stressful, and have more quality time with your kids. For some that is meals, for others it is paying for yard work or housecleaning.

There is no award given for "doing it all" and no need to exhaust yourself trying to do so.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Do the best you can. Just don't be lazy for the sake of being lazy. But its okay to cut corners and let some things slide occasionally
Locked Previous topicNext topic