I can’t do it all, I won’t even try

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:08 pm How often does this happen? Are the kids not helping to clean? I'm not saying you shouldn't ever take a night off, almost everyone does, but if this is a regular thing because you feel like you have to be the only ever cleaning, it doesn't seem like a healthy lifestyle to me.
The kids help, sometimes it’s clean, sometimes it’s not. Why isn’t it healthy?
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:08 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:54 am Do the best you can. Just don't be lazy for the sake of being lazy. But its okay to cut corners and let some things slide occasionally
Is it lazy to refuse to try to do it all?
No. You can't let your house get hoarders filthy but no one says you have to make your bed with hospital corners every morning either. Good to aim for the Happy medium..
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:13 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:54 am Do the best you can. Just don't be lazy for the sake of being lazy. But its okay to cut corners and let some things slide occasionally
No. You can't let your house get hoarders filthy but no one says you have to make your bed with hospital corners every morning either. Good to aim for the Happy medium..
It’s clean enough most of the time. There’s only 24 hours in the day & I’m not going to stay up late or get up early to clean. I just do what I feel like doing
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:15 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:13 pm

It’s clean enough most of the time. There’s only 24 hours in the day & I’m not going to stay up late or get up early to clean. I just do what I feel like doing
Same
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It’s called meal planning or a crockpot. I never found life that difficult as some have but everyone is different I guess.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:35 am It’s called meal planning or a crockpot. I never found life that difficult as some have but everyone is different I guess.
I never said it was difficult. I just won’t try to do everything. I do meal plan and use the crockpot. Until I decide I don’t want to.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

People that say that are usually just lazy.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:59 am People that say that are usually just lazy.
Sometimes I think moms could do with a bit more lazy in their lives. Too much perfect child raising and house cleaning next thing you know you either worked yourself into a nervous breakdown or the kids are grown and you're out at nightclubs trying to recapture your lost youth because you don't know what you do with yourself. Honestly no one's giving you any medal for not being lazy now and again. Honestly irl unless you're a hoarder neglecting your kids no one cares what you do. Yes sometimes I'm lazy. I get ds15 to cook sometimes. I don't drive him to school every day because frankly i enjoy my mornings and the city provides a perfectly good bus. And when he has Monday off he can mow my yard because I'm too lazy to do it today.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I totally get it!
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:59 am People that say that are usually just lazy.
Between dropping kids off at schools or before and after school care, working full time from both my offices, husband away or working crazy hours, snow storm after snow storm with shoveling, kids not listening, groceries, countless loads of laundry, trips to buy project supplies that I was only told about after I just came back, meals, homework and on and on, a parent who just takes an evening to just give up for a few hours is very far from lazy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic