Welfare spin-off

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was reading the other welfare post. We all know technically anything that is income based is considered welfare.

But what so you consider not to be welfare vand why.

I do not consider tanf to be welfare and that is only because it is the only one that does get paid back. Normally they take what you receive out of child support payments.

I received tanf for about 6 months when my oldest was a baby. Once i did start recieving child support u would get letter staring that so and so amount was deducted to pay back tanf until it was paid 9n full.

My mom had custody of my nephew. My brother was court order to pay child support but didn't so she received tanf. When he got a settlement. Child support took a large portion of his settlement and the state took the amount my mom had received in tanf out as well.

And what do you consider welfare as well.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anything that's free, reduced, or subsided. Imo
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

I dont consider eitc welfare. It is a tax credit that is intended to help taxpayers out and to stimulate the economy. Many work and have taxes deducted, so they do pay taxes.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't know anything about welfare.

Bump!
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think people on this board are way too obsessed with what something is "technically called" and quoting legal definitions and everything else.

It doesn't matter.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

That doesn’t make it not welfare.
MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:10 am I dont consider eitc welfare. It is a tax credit that is intended to help taxpayers out and to stimulate the economy. Many work and have taxes deducted, so they do pay taxes.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

TANF is almost never fully paid back, and rarely paid back at all. It’s absolutely welfare.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 am I think people on this board are way too obsessed with what something is "technically called" and quoting legal definitions and everything else.

It doesn't matter.
Agreed. I was discussing the federal budget with someone and I said safety net programs- EIC, food stamps, TANF take up nine percent of the budget. She tossed Medicaid into 'welfare'. I consider that healthcare and important especially when in Florida Medicaid doesn't always come free. Its salary based. What we need to ask is not what's welfare but 'should we spend 24 percent of the budget or whatever it was on Medicare/Medicaid benefits? Why is that cost so high? Can we cut defense and why the hell do we only spend 3 percent in education? And why are we down on people for using programs available to them? If something happened and I needed TANF absolutely I'd take it. That's why I paid taxes for. We need people to work but shaming doesn't help.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You’re in denial if you don’t believe Medicaid is welfare.
Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:02 am
Smarties wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 am I think people on this board are way too obsessed with what something is "technically called" and quoting legal definitions and everything else.

It doesn't matter.
Agreed. I was discussing the federal budget with someone and I said safety net programs- EIC, food stamps, TANF take up nine percent of the budget. She tossed Medicaid into 'welfare'. I consider that healthcare and important especially when in Florida Medicaid doesn't always come free. Its salary based. What we need to ask is not what's welfare but 'should we spend 24 percent of the budget or whatever it was on Medicare/Medicaid benefits? Why is that cost so high? Can we cut defense and why the hell do we only spend 3 percent in education? And why are we down on people for using programs available to them? If something happened and I needed TANF absolutely I'd take it. That's why I paid taxes for. We need people to work but shaming doesn't help.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:04 am You’re in denial if you don’t believe Medicaid is welfare.
Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:02 am

It doesn't matter.
And you missed the whole point of my post. Call it welfare then. So what if it is? What's the point?
Locked Previous topicNext topic