Welfare spin-off

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:51 am FS, WIC, TANF, Medicaid are all welfare programs and no, just because TANF gets paid back doesn't make it not welfare. I've noticed recipients tend to fall into categories: Those who are embarrassed to be on it and get off as fast as they are able, those who try to justify being on it and use qualifiers to make it somehow not welfare, and those who think they are entitled to whatever they can get no matter what they have to say to get it.
As i said they are all technically welfare but i see tanf as the only one who get paid back. As i stated i have been on it in the past. Short time spans. As of now i don't get any not even Eic and i haven't for a long time.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The burden of proof is on the claimant. But it’s okay, we both know you’re wrong, which is why you can’t prove anything.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:50 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:25 am Yet you’ve had time to reply multiple times. If what you’re claiming was true (it isn’t), you’d have been able to prove it i the time it took to comment back a couple times.

It’s okay to admit you’re wrong.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:55 am
Or i am about to go into work and don't have time to so research you are more than capable of doing yourself
Actually my last reply before now was 7:55 i had to be on at 8 am. I have a few minutes down right now. But obviously your finger are not broke. Stop being lazy and do your own research.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thank you! Well said!!!
Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:02 am
Smarties wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 am I think people on this board are way too obsessed with what something is "technically called" and quoting legal definitions and everything else.

It doesn't matter.
Agreed. I was discussing the federal budget with someone and I said safety net programs- EIC, food stamps, TANF take up nine percent of the budget. She tossed Medicaid into 'welfare'. I consider that healthcare and important especially when in Florida Medicaid doesn't always come free. Its salary based. What we need to ask is not what's welfare but 'should we spend 24 percent of the budget or whatever it was on Medicare/Medicaid benefits? Why is that cost so high? Can we cut defense and why the hell do we only spend 3 percent in education? And why are we down on people for using programs available to them? If something happened and I needed TANF absolutely I'd take it. That's why I paid taxes for. We need people to work but shaming doesn't help.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:00 am The burden of proof is on the claimant. But it’s okay, we both know you’re wrong, which is why you can’t prove anything.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:25 am Yet you’ve had time to reply multiple times. If what you’re claiming was true (it isn’t), you’d have been able to prove it i the time it took to comment back a couple times.

It’s okay to admit you’re wrong.

Actually my last reply before now was 7:55 i had to be on at 8 am. I have a few minutes down right now. But obviously your finger are not broke. Stop being lazy and do your own research.
It isnt my problem that your to lazy to look stuff up. You want proof then get off your ass and look for it yourself.
I know your wrong but i also know that you just want to argue. Let me guess bored housewife or bored sahm.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:54 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:04 am You’re in denial if you don’t believe Medicaid is welfare.
Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:02 am

Agreed. I was discussing the federal budget with someone and I said safety net programs- EIC, food stamps, TANF take up nine percent of the budget. She tossed Medicaid into 'welfare'. I consider that healthcare and important especially when in Florida Medicaid doesn't always come free. Its salary based. What we need to ask is not what's welfare but 'should we spend 24 percent of the budget or whatever it was on Medicare/Medicaid benefits? Why is that cost so high? Can we cut defense and why the hell do we only spend 3 percent in education? And why are we down on people for using programs available to them? If something happened and I needed TANF absolutely I'd take it. That's why I paid taxes for. We need people to work but shaming doesn't help.
You'll have to understand how Florida Medicaid works to understand what she is talking about. In Florida the income limits is extremely low, for the cost of living, for fully paid Medicaid. They have something called share of cost there. I lived there. Our income was $2500 a month . Our share of of cost was $3000. That is per person per month. Meaning we would have to pay out of pocket $3000 per person per month before Medicaid would pick up. That was more than our monthly income. So while we had Medicaid it was worthless. My kids i put on Florida kidcare which i had to pau $320 a month for per kid so they were insured
My dh and i had couldn't use our "Medicaid " and still pay our bills and feed our kidsn
I understand what you're saying. It's why I didn't consider all Medicaid 'welfare'. But in the end it doesn't matter what we label it.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I don't consider money you get from the government like farm subsidies or money when you foster a kid or tax credits as welfare. If you are taking in foster kids I don't even consider TNcare or whatever health care or food stamps you get for that child-welfare either.

I don't consider survivor SS benefits welfare. Or disability or veteran's benefits or SS.

I do consider welfare-when you are just poor-full stop and make no to so little money they give you everything for free just for breathing.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You can’t prove shit. I’m laughing at you.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:00 am The burden of proof is on the claimant. But it’s okay, we both know you’re wrong, which is why you can’t prove anything.

It isnt my problem that your to lazy to look stuff up. You want proof then get off your ass and look for it yourself.
I know your wrong but i also know that you just want to argue. Let me guess bored housewife or bored sahm.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:30 pm You can’t prove shit. I’m laughing at you.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 am

And im laughing at your level of laziness
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The government considers your EIC as welfare.
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:53 am I don't consider money you get from the government like farm subsidies or money when you foster a kid or tax credits as welfare. If you are taking in foster kids I don't even consider TNcare or whatever health care or food stamps you get for that child-welfare either.

I don't consider survivor SS benefits welfare. Or disability or veteran's benefits or SS.

I do consider welfare-when you are just poor-full stop and make no to so little money they give you everything for free just for breathing.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:35 pm The government considers your EIC as welfare.
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:53 am I don't consider money you get from the government like farm subsidies or money when you foster a kid or tax credits as welfare. If you are taking in foster kids I don't even consider TNcare or whatever health care or food stamps you get for that child-welfare either.

okay. There is no way to really refuse it though is there? You don't ask for it. You just properly do your taxes as required by law and they give it to you. That is way different than going down to the welfare office and signing up and asking for something.

And I don't have EIC. Have not received it in years.
Locked Previous topicNext topic