Schools closing for illness

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Our school has closed for illness I have also kept all my kids home on a Friday if I know something contagious is going around on Thursday. I know lots of teachers they keep me in the loop.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

In my 45 years of life, I've never experienced that.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They never close schools here. They had one snow day in ten years. They claim that there are kids that get their only meals at school and they can't cancel for that reason.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

No, I don't think our schools have ever done that. And we don't get presidents day off this year as we have to make up a snow day on that day.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I've never heard of a school closing for illness. Shouldn't the janitors clean on a daily basis. If they did then maybe the school wouldn't have to cancel for illness. Makes me wonder how gross the school is to have to cancel to clean. 🤢
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes, for a really bad flu. I think DS was in 1st grade, so 5 years ago.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:13 pm Didnt some east tn schools close from 2/6 to 2/8 due to illness?
They are closing again tomorrow?
Our schools only close during blizzards or hurricanes.
We closed for potential snow recently. Never got any.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:13 pm Didnt some east tn schools close from 2/6 to 2/8 due to illness?
They are closing again tomorrow?
Our schools only close during blizzards or hurricanes.
I think so.
I shit glitter
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When I lived in a little rural town they closed the school down for over a week when H1N1 ran rampant (we got it before the vaccine was available). The whole town practically closed down and everyone was told to stay home if they felt at all unwell to try and contain the outbreak.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:22 am I've never heard of a school closing for illness. Shouldn't the janitors clean on a daily basis. If they did then maybe the school wouldn't have to cancel for illness. Makes me wonder how gross the school is to have to cancel to clean. 🤢
Good catch.
I shit glitter
Locked Previous topicNext topic