Schools closing for illness

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not sure 17yrs of having kids in the school system and we have never closed due to illness.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Last year there was a huge amount of absences in my dd school but they never closed. One day I asked dd how many kids are in your class. One dd said 10 and my other dd said 8. They said the just watched movies or play all day. But they never closed.
RedBottoms

Unread post

There are some schools in our district that had bed bugs. Thank God its not my kids schools. I think they just fumigated over the weekend. UGH
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Never have our schools closed for illness. Snowstorms yes, power outages yes, but other than that no.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:13 pm Didnt some east tn schools close from 2/6 to 2/8 due to illness?
They are closing again tomorrow?
Our schools only close during blizzards or hurricanes.
A few counties closed that week. This weekend another school system closed for the long holiday weekend. Glad we aren’t in any of those areas, but could make it to the hill in the next couple weeks. Sucks sense I tried everything to convince dd9 to get her flu shot, but no dice. Baby sister got one cause she has no choice, but even seeing her little sister get it and be fine did not convince her. (She’s a 3 person hold down while being kicked if she’s not on board with it, not worth it lol) she’ll learn as she gets older, but ugh!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:20 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:13 pm Didnt some east tn schools close from 2/6 to 2/8 due to illness?
A few counties closed that week. This weekend another school system closed for the long holiday weekend. Glad we aren’t in any of those areas, but could make it to the hill in the next couple weeks. Sucks sense I tried everything to convince dd9 to get her flu shot, but no dice. Baby sister got one cause she has no choice, but even seeing her little sister get it and be fine did not convince her. (She’s a 3 person hold down while being kicked if she’s not on board with it, not worth it lol) she’ll learn as she gets older, but ugh!
Mine were squirmy from ages 2 to 7 but I had to hold them so they couldn't move and get their shots without giving me a black eye or busted lip, lol
I would sit in the chair and put them in my lap and place their legs between my legs and cross my right leg over their hips and lock my right foot underneath my left knee. Then I would place one arm on the swing arm of the chair and hold that with my right hand and trap their left arm underneath my left arm against their body
While I was doing all of this, I had to move my head back and forth and side to side so they wouldn't head butt me and give me a black eye or busted lip. I am so glad they are old enough now that I can bribe them to get their shots without any fuss, haha
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:20 pm
My boys are 11 and they have no choice about vaccines.i would handcuff them and sit on them if need be. But not getting them is not an option.

They know better by now to defy me. Putting up a struggle would still have you getting the vaccine, I would just physically hold you down and then you would be grounded for 3 months off screens for being a drama queen about it.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

None of my daughter's schools ever did but I do remember schools closing in our state because of an outbreak of the Norwalk virus had hit a school so bad that kids and teachers were dropping like flies. They closed the school and sent in a cleaning team to clean every surface with bleach. My daughter did come down with it in kindergarten, but that school didn't get shut down. I just kept her home until she recovered. I'm guessing most parents did because there wasn't another outbreak of it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic