"Love you mom and dad"

RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:12 am I didn’t say they can’t have them, I said it’s weird. Guns are meant to kill things. Passing an item meant to kill to your children is absolutely bizarre in my mind.

And sure, protect yourself. But with a gun or maybe two. No one needs “a literal arsenal”. That’s such a redneck American thing.
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:21 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:57 pm It’s really, really weird that people feel the need to own “a literal arsenal” of guns. Pretty fucked up.

So they can't have their antique guns? They can't have their heirloom guns that have been passed down father to son for generations? They have some new guns too they like to target practice with for fun.

Since they have had to use the guns to protect themselves from wild animals and crazy rednecks that show up on their secluded property, they are needed.
But I agree it is fucked up we live in a world where poachers threaten my mom on her own property so she had to pull a gun on them to make them leave.
Well men don't want rings and earrings which is what the women in my family pass down. So the men inherit guns. My stepdad's family was poor. They hunted for food. Guns fed their families.

My mom's dad was a sheriff at one point. Guns were a part of his life too. We are talking going back to the 1920s. They are antiques
Anonymous 4

Unread post

None of that makes it less shit-kicker. And part of the reason there’s a gun problem in America. No one should be hording guns.
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:08 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:12 am I didn’t say they can’t have them, I said it’s weird. Guns are meant to kill things. Passing an item meant to kill to your children is absolutely bizarre in my mind.

And sure, protect yourself. But with a gun or maybe two. No one needs “a literal arsenal”. That’s such a redneck American thing.
So they can't have their antique guns? They can't have their heirloom guns that have been passed down father to son for generations? They have some new guns too they like to target practice with for fun.

Since they have had to use the guns to protect themselves from wild animals and crazy rednecks that show up on their secluded property, they are needed.
But I agree it is fucked up we live in a world where poachers threaten my mom on her own property so she had to pull a gun on them to make them leave.
Well men don't want rings and earrings which is what the women in my family pass down. So the men inherit guns. My stepdad's family was poor. They hunted for food. Guns fed their families.

My mom's dad was a sheriff at one point. Guns were a part of his life too. We are talking going back to the 1920s. They are antiques
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 am None of that makes it less shit-kicker. And part of the reason there’s a gun problem in America. No one should be hording guns.

I dont have guns as family heirlooms, but it's not at all difficult for me to understand why a gun that has protected a family for generations would have sentimental value. People like that living in remote areas needed those things. They taught their children how to use them. They taught them survival skills. That is special.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Sure, A gun. But “a literal arsenal”? Yeah, no.
Smarties wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:39 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 am None of that makes it less shit-kicker. And part of the reason there’s a gun problem in America. No one should be hording guns.

I dont have guns as family heirlooms, but it's not at all difficult for me to understand why a gun that has protected a family for generations would have sentimental value. People like that living in remote areas needed those things. They taught their children how to use them. They taught them survival skills. That is special.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:44 am Sure, A gun. But “a literal arsenal”? Yeah, no.
Smarties wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:39 am

After that many years I can imagine there would be a collection. Plus the modern ones you would actually need to have to still use.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So in your mind "guns are meant to kill your children" ? What?

Guns represent survival. Without guns we may not have even made it to today. Guns are meant to fend off predators and those that would do us harm. Guns are meant to provide a food source. Guns are meant to hold back tyranny.

Guns are not meant to "kill your children". That's a really warped view.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
RedBottoms

Unread post

Hoarding does not equal collecting
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hubby grew up in a tiny country town. The town hunted/fished/grew gardens for their food for the year to fill their freezers, and pantries. This was the normal there. Kids were taught gun safety by their parents, and grew up with a healthy respect for weaponry.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I didn’t say guns are meant to kill your children. I said they’re meant to kill, which they are.
Valentina327 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:48 am

So in your mind "guns are meant to kill your children" ? What?

Guns represent survival. Without guns we may not have even made it to today. Guns are meant to fend off predators and those that would do us harm. Guns are meant to provide a food source. Guns are meant to hold back tyranny.

Guns are not meant to "kill your children". That's a really warped view.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Agreed. A literal arsenal sure sounds like it, though.
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:03 am

Hoarding does not equal collecting
Locked Previous topicNext topic