Poll ended at Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:55 pm

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 47
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Yes we get food stamps and have for 2 months now but hopefully will be able to get off them in less than a month. We have never been on anything previously and in fact for about 10 years we have paid in at income tax time even having the max taxes taken out.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

I never understood people who think that SSDI is welfare. If you PAY for it then it isn’t welfare! The whole social security system is stupid when it comes to that. You can spend most of your life working and paying into it but once you are in a position where you need to use it people act like you are on welfare or taking money from their pockets.

It’s a pet peeve of mine since this bitch I know was complaining about my disabled mother who worked for almost 50 years before becoming disabled and needing it 😡
sheramom4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:11 am Food stamps when my husband first left the military. And Medicaid now for my teens as secondary insurance because our state provides it for everyone under 20 and Tricare isn't accepted at most of our local clinics.
I have been told that my husband's SSDI and Comp and Pen from the VA are welfare but they are not.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:07 am I'm Canadian. I think everyone in Canada receives welfare according to American standards. Yesterday I took my daughter to the psyciatrist for free and then filled her prescription for free. Then I did payroll and saw where they get the "welfare" money.
It is tax payer funded though. So did your provincial healthcare pay for the psychiatrist session? In Ontario the drug benefit for kids up to 25 is awesome. But depending where you live, the medicare system in Canada is far from free.
Locked Previous topicNext topic