45%
No
55%

Total votes: 47
Fairymom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Maybe? My husband got unemployment for 3 months when the factory he worked at had a huge fire. It took a few months to find a new job. I dont know if people consider that welfare.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Food stamps when my husband first left the military. And Medicaid now for my teens as secondary insurance because our state provides it for everyone under 20 and Tricare isn't accepted at most of our local clinics.
I have been told that my husband's SSDI and Comp and Pen from the VA are welfare but they are not.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:55 pm Food stamps, WIC, TANF, government phone, EITC, etc. Have you ever used it?
Unfortunately yes...right now currently everything except section 8 and daycare assistance. I also work so it’s shitty that I have to be in this position. I’m using my tax refund to advance my education.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:12 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:07 pm I know now too late I could have qualified for WIC. Wish I'd known that at the time. That's as close as I've gotten to anything.
I don't really consider WIC the same as food stamps and all that. Our income is considered middle class and we'd qualify for WIC, but we don't qualify for food stamps. We make about 25 grand too much for FS yet would get WIC if we wanted it.
Don't you have four children in the home?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:39 am
carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:12 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:07 pm I know now too late I could have qualified for WIC. Wish I'd known that at the time. That's as close as I've gotten to anything.
I don't really consider WIC the same as food stamps and all that. Our income is considered middle class and we'd qualify for WIC, but we don't qualify for food stamps. We make about 25 grand too much for FS yet would get WIC if we wanted it.
Don't you have four children in the home?

Yes.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Yes, 23 yrs ago, I was on Medicaid & food stamps, for about 6 months.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm Canadian. I think everyone in Canada receives welfare according to American standards. Yesterday I took my daughter to the psyciatrist for free and then filled her prescription for free. Then I did payroll and saw where they get the "welfare" money.
Manic_Sinner
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I did for a couple months 9 years ago when I left my first husband and then I started stripping so didn’t need it. Never been on it again.
I’m one of those regular weird people.
viv74
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I qualified for WIC while on maternity leave. It stopped when I went back to work . Honestly I hated using the checks and always felt judged .
Locked Previous topicNext topic