Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 47
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:44 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:36 pm I’m an old mama. We had established careers and were living the middle class dream (of working our asses off) when kids came along, so no assistance needed.

But I am glad it is there, I get sick to think of babies or actually anyone experiencing food insecurity. It’s one of the essentials in Maslow’s heiarchy of needs.
What’s an “old mama?”
I think she said she was like 34-36 when her first child was born.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I got food stamps and Medicaid for a while.
I haven't been able to get assistance since my divorce though.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

No
And for the uneducated people that "dont consider" EITC a form of welfare, you are dead wrong. Just because you think or assume it isnt welfare, doesnt mean it isnt a form of welfare.
A quick google search would get rid of the ignorance.clogging your brain cells
shrugs
The EITC and ACTC Programs. Although the EITC in some cases reduces federal income taxes owed, its major function is to provide “refundable” tax credits to low-income individuals. A “refundable tax credit” is simply a cash welfare grant to individuals who have no federal income tax liability
https://www.google.com/search?q=is+EITC ... e&ie=UTF-8
Anonymous 7

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:12 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:07 pm I know now too late I could have qualified for WIC. Wish I'd known that at the time. That's as close as I've gotten to anything.
I don't really consider WIC the same as food stamps and all that. Our income is considered middle class and we'd qualify for WIC, but we don't qualify for food stamps. We make about 25 grand too much for FS yet would get WIC if we wanted it.
It’s the same. It’s government paid. Nothing wrong with it, we need to make sure small children thrive and sometimes young families need assistance.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope have never used welfare.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:34 pm Tax credits are not all income based.
MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:30 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:03 pm Of course EITC is welfare.

As are all the rest of the tax credits available 😁. And I take full advantage of what credits I qualify for.
Doesn't matter. The eitc is a tax credit Congress has approved as part of tax code that I have no problem taking advantage of.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Nothing ever.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Nothing ever.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was just refuting your incorrect statement.

And nothing you’ve said makes it not welfare.
MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:34 pm Tax credits are not all income based.
MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:30 pm

As are all the rest of the tax credits available 😁. And I take full advantage of what credits I qualify for.
Doesn't matter. The eitc is a tax credit Congress has approved as part of tax code that I have no problem taking advantage of.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nope.
Locked Previous topicNext topic