Poll ended at Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:55 pm

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 47
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Food stamps, WIC, TANF, government phone, EITC, etc. Have you ever used it?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes.
RedBottoms

Unread post

No. Some people consider earned income tax credit welfare-and we did get that for several years. But we never qualified or at least were told we never qualified for WIC or food stamps or TNCare or anything like that. I did look into it more than once and was always shut down and told we made too much.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yes i used wic when my kids were small, we haven't gotten eic in years but have in the past, currently on food stamps. I have a food stamps phome but my mom uses. When my oldest was a baby i got tanf.i don't consider tanf welfare since it get paid back
They take it out of child support.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know now too late I could have qualified for WIC. Wish I'd known that at the time. That's as close as I've gotten to anything.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:07 pm I know now too late I could have qualified for WIC. Wish I'd known that at the time. That's as close as I've gotten to anything.
I don't really consider WIC the same as food stamps and all that. Our income is considered middle class and we'd qualify for WIC, but we don't qualify for food stamps. We make about 25 grand too much for FS yet would get WIC if we wanted it.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:12 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:07 pm I know now too late I could have qualified for WIC. Wish I'd known that at the time. That's as close as I've gotten to anything.
I don't really consider WIC the same as food stamps and all that. Our income is considered middle class and we'd qualify for WIC, but we don't qualify for food stamps. We make about 25 grand too much for FS yet would get WIC if we wanted it.
It’s still income-based and still welfare, even if the income level is higher.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:14 pm
It’s still income-based and still welfare, even if the income level is higher.
But at the same time if you qualify for FS with our family size you are not doing good. You have very little. Yet we do fine and qualify for WIC.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

I did when I was a young single mother, yes. WIC, Medicaid, and TANF for a few months while I needed child care in order to find a job and start receiving a paycheck. And I received EIC for a few years until I finished school.

Fortunately, I wouldn’t even begin to qualify for anything now.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It depends on what people call it. Idc but it's the only thing I ever qualified for. I didn't know until CM but by that time my ex was back to work.
Locked Previous topicNext topic