Do You Agree?

WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:52 pm What if they haven’t hit arough patch and don’t truly need the help? What if they just don’t want to work have made bad decisions/etc.?
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:45 pm I don’t care what you call them, but I fully support them. DH and I are high income earners and pay scary amounts of state and federal taxes, but we support programs that make sure people have basic necessities if they hit a rough patch and need help.
In many states now you have to be employed or show proof you're looking for work, going on interviews etc. You can't just sit home and do nothing.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That varies by program, is only in some states, and is simple to fudge by just sending out the same resumes to the same companies over and over. There are very few “must actually be working X hours per week” requirements.
WickedPissah wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:04 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:52 pm What if they haven’t hit arough patch and don’t truly need the help? What if they just don’t want to work have made bad decisions/etc.?
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:45 pm I don’t care what you call them, but I fully support them. DH and I are high income earners and pay scary amounts of state and federal taxes, but we support programs that make sure people have basic necessities if they hit a rough patch and need help.
In many states now you have to be employed or show proof you're looking for work, going on interviews etc. You can't just sit home and do nothing.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:50 am That varies by program, is only in some states, and is simple to fudge by just sending out the same resumes to the same companies over and over. There are very few “must actually be working X hours per week” requirements.

In Massachusetts. You have to show proof you applied for jobs and the employer signing off that you came in for an interview.

I don't know about other states though.
I shit glitter
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't care what it is called but no one should be made to feel badly if they need it. It is there for a reason and I am so glad it exists to help those that need a helping hand.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Okay. That’s one state.
WickedPissah wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:57 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:50 am That varies by program, is only in some states, and is simple to fudge by just sending out the same resumes to the same companies over and over. There are very few “must actually be working X hours per week” requirements.
In Massachusetts. You have to show proof you applied for jobs and the employer signing off that you came in for an interview.

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Only if the youngest child is over the age of 5 does this apply in Mass, btw.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:59 am Okay. That’s one state.

I think TN does it as well. Not sure. I've seen somethings about their welfare system.

I'm not that invested in what the ins and outs are in other states on welfare. From various news articles sure but other than that who really cares.
I shit glitter
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:02 am

Good to know.
I shit glitter
Manic_Sinner
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Yes. No one is entitled to welfare. With that said, good thing it’s there for the people that actually need it.
I’m one of those regular weird people.
RedBottoms

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:04 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:02 am

Good to know.
that just encourages them to keep having more kids so they always have one under 5 and don't have to work
Locked Previous topicNext topic