Should insurances have to cover IVF or other fertility treatments?

Anonymous 9

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:42 pm
LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:37 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:31 pm

There is a fine line between just stating the facts and bragging. People on this board challenge me ALL the time so then I have to state my credentials.

But I am proud of myself and sorry it does make me better at commitment and marriage. Just like most people on this board are probably better than me at cooking since I suck at it. I have no problem admitting my problem areas. I don't see why others can't do the same. Some people suck at marriage. Some people suck at picking partners. It is what it is.
Yes, they challenge you. I agree, but you need to stop and look at how you react. You are part of why they do it.

You are a braggart when confronted. You can be humble and toot your own horn without putting other people down.
Not really. Someone is always going to get butthurt no matter how you say something if they are insecure about their own lackings/failings.

I actually have some areas that I am super insecure about and I own that. I don't put it off on other people. I am insecure about my weight. That does not mean I attack every skinny person I meet. They have every right to be thin. Their thinness has nothing to do with me being festively plump.

So someone that is super insecure about being on their 2nd divorce is going to be butthurt when I talk about my marriage and how long its lasted and how good DH and I get along and how we went into our marriage super prepared blah blah. They are going to want to attack me because they are insecure about themselves.
Hypocrite anon 10 lol.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:54 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:42 pm
LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:37 pm

Yes, they challenge you. I agree, but you need to stop and look at how you react. You are part of why they do it.

You are a braggart when confronted. You can be humble and toot your own horn without putting other people down.
Not really. Someone is always going to get butthurt no matter how you say something if they are insecure about their own lackings/failings.

I actually have some areas that I am super insecure about and I own that. I don't put it off on other people. I am insecure about my weight. That does not mean I attack every skinny person I meet. They have every right to be thin. Their thinness has nothing to do with me being festively plump.

So someone that is super insecure about being on their 2nd divorce is going to be butthurt when I talk about my marriage and how long its lasted and how good DH and I get along and how we went into our marriage super prepared blah blah. They are going to want to attack me because they are insecure about themselves.
Red, Lucky is giving you really great advice. I would actually take what she has said seriously, and to heart.
She doesn't care even though she probably should she doesn't. She can go from victim poor me feel bad for me to wanna be badass in a second.

Just depends on what personality is coming out to play.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WTF happened in this post?

You heifers will turn any topic into a fight.

Ridiculous.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:28 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:02 pm

I has premarital counseling. And there were no problems. The counselor said we were the most prepared couple he had ever counseled in ten years of doing so.
See and there you still go.

Fifteen years are admirable but it doesn’t make you better than anyone (side not I’m sitting outside and the coyotes are howling up a storm, they’re damn close, it’s creepy).

I’ve been parenting for 27 years, 8 kids, and many years to go. I am damn good at motherhood. I have raised some damn good kids who have turned into amazing adults. I am GOOD at this gig. Not okay, I didn’t get lucky with easy kids. I am GOOD. Period.

Yet, until now I have never bragged about that. I don’t need to brag about it. I don’t need to make others think I am the bees knees because I am good at it, but more importantly I don’t need to put others down. If your good at something and secure in it, you don’t have to brag.
There is a fine line between just stating the facts and bragging. People on this board challenge me ALL the time so then I have to state my credentials.

But I am proud of myself and sorry it does make me better at commitment and marriage. Just like most people on this board are probably better than me at cooking since I suck at it. I have no problem admitting my problem areas. I don't see why others can't do the same. Some people suck at marriage. Some people suck at picking partners. It is what it is.
Being married 15 years doesn't make you better than someone who was married for 10 years. You've just found something that works for you. Marriage isn't a competition, so please stop acting like you're doing it better than anyone else.

I had an amazing 21 years with my late husband, and we would have celebrated 26 years this year. That didn't make us better than you. We just had something which worked for us.

You should really listen to what Lucky is saying. She's speaking from the heart, and isn't just blowing smoke. Her words are wise.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
RedBottoms

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:10 am
LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:28 pm

See and there you still go.

Fifteen years are admirable but it doesn’t make you better than anyone (side not I’m sitting outside and the coyotes are howling up a storm, they’re damn close, it’s creepy).

I’ve been parenting for 27 years, 8 kids, and many years to go. I am damn good at motherhood. I have raised some damn good kids who have turned into amazing adults. I am GOOD at this gig. Not okay, I didn’t get lucky with easy kids. I am GOOD. Period.

Yet, until now I have never bragged about that. I don’t need to brag about it. I don’t need to make others think I am the bees knees because I am good at it, but more importantly I don’t need to put others down. If your good at something and secure in it, you don’t have to brag.

Being married 15 years doesn't make you better than someone who was married for 10 years. You've just found something that works for you. Marriage isn't a competition, so please stop acting like you're doing it better than anyone else.

I had an amazing 21 years with my late husband, and we would have celebrated 26 years this year. That didn't make us better than you. We just had something which worked for us.

You should really listen to what Lucky is saying. She's speaking from the heart, and isn't just blowing smoke. Her words are wise.
No I am not better than you at marriage.I am better at marriage than the person on their 3rd divorce. Its not hard to understand
Anonymous 9

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:46 am WTF happened in this post?

You heifers will turn any topic into a fight.

Ridiculous.
Posters just have different opinions and they don't change them because it hurts reds feelings.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:55 am

No I am not better than you at marriage.I am better at marriage than the person on their 3rd divorce. It's not hard to understand
You just want others to be envious of you and won't stop until they tell you just that.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No I am not better than you at marriage.I am better at marriage than the person on their 3rd divorce. Its not hard to understand
I go back to my first statement. Marriage is NOT a competition, period!
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:52 am

No I am not better than you at marriage.I am better at marriage than the person on their 3rd divorce. It's not hard to understand
You just want others to be envious of you and won't stop until they tell you just that.
Not so much that. I just want people to acknowledge my good points as much as they nitpick at my faults.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:01 am
Anonymous 9 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:52 am
Not so much that. I just want people to acknowledge my good points as much as they nitpick at my faults.
Why is that important to you?

Do you think im better because i never suffered a miscarriage? Or because im not infertile?
Locked Previous topicNext topic