Maybe it's time to let her go

Anonymous 4

Unread post

If the dog is suffering, by a vet's diagnosis, not your own, then yes, the animal's suffering should end. However, you come across as hopeful. You're hoping that the dog is put down so you don't have to deal with it anymore, at least woman up and admit it and stop trying to pretend that isn't the case. You can claim it's not true all you like, but your past posts and attitude towards this poor dog does not back up that claim.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I mean, 14 is a pretty decent lifespan for that breed from what I understand. Google says 8-10 years! It might be time to make that hard choice. This is the worst part of having pets. 😭
Deleted User 638

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:23 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:20 am
EarlGrayHot wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:18 am Well, that is YOUR decision not theirs. Make sure the vet understands you want to consider all your options! I would NEVER leave that up to the vet and I would always be there to see what the options were. It could be benign or there might be something you could do for treatment. What kind of dog is yours?
This OP is not known for empathy with this dog. She would be the one advocating for euthanasia.
I think the dog had a full life. Her health issues are becoming too much.

This must make you so happy.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:18 am Oh Jesus.....
😂 Right!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

How did it go at the vet's?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:15 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:59 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:35 am Of course he will be upset and I will be here to comfort him. I've been posting about my SO being a hoarder for years. He also has major anxiety among other mental issues. He literally will have a panic attack when he has to get rid of things or start a new routine so I know he will try to hold on to the dog until the very last min.

If the dog gets surgery she will need aftercare so that's why i asked about the recovery home, I dont expect her to stay there forever.
You are hollow. People don't try to save their dog because they can't get rid of "things"...she's not a worn out bedspread. People LOVE their dogs. You know, how you're supposed to love your children.
I disagree with you.
Of course you disagree, you don't care for anything or anyone but yourself.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:38 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:26 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:21 am
She's a rottweiler and I think it's time to let her go. I just need to get my SO on board with it. He hates getting rid of things even if they are falling apart.
This is not your decision and his dog is not just something to get rid of . Its a companion,friend and a family member. JFC have some compassion. Are you sure he is the one with Aspie? Your lack of empathy for your partner is atrocious
I'm not a dog person period! get over that! His dog is not a bad dog, I don't treat her bad either. I'm just not into dogs
Neither am I. To me animals are just pets but if you get with a dog person they think differently. especially with someone that has mental issues like hoarding what do you expect? He's going to be very upset and worse so because of who he is. If this dog is suffering and the operation will cause more pain by all means you should do the humane thing. But if it's not and can live comfortably with the tumor then let it do so. It's his dog and if he can pay without harming your finances its his decision. See what the vet says. I do think you shouldn't be fully responsible for all the post op care. That's HIS responsibility and I'd tell him he must do at least his fair share.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:43 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:40 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:38 am I'm not a dog person period! get over that! His dog is not a bad dog, I don't treat her bad either. I'm just not into dogs
You dont treat her bad? Then how do you explain insisting the dog was locked in the garage just so you could go away for the weekend....Very definition of treating a dog bad
That's not my definition of bad and plenty people would agree with me. We were gone less than 24 hours.
One can leave a cat alone with food and water in the house. I do and she's fine. But even my cat doesn't like being alone and when we come back she's clingy as hell. You really shouldn't do that to a dog. It would get very anxious. I hope the garage was at least at a proper temperature. We used to hire a teenager to walk our dog and feed it. It's not that expensive.
Locked Previous topicNext topic