ETA Girl, I love you but you’re F***ing helpless....

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We are currently having a winter storm and ODS is having a friend sleep over. I decided I wanted the boys TIRED, so I took them to an indoor sports place earlier and invited another friend of theirs. Other friend’s mom said “I wish I could take them but DH is traveling and I’m juggling the kids schedules on my own and my nanny has the long weekend off. Can you pick him up?” I didn’t have the heart / guts to tell her that my DH is also away on business lol.

ETA - Geez ladies, you’re a pretty hostile bunch. This was meant to be an eye roll post, not a bitchy “I’m a perfect mom” bash. She always has trouble managing without help, which is fine because normally she has help. Our boys do a lot of the same activities, so we actually trade off transportation when her nanny is around. When her nanny is not around I often just do it because I know she gets completely overwhelmed.

And yes, I’m jealous of all her help lol. I’m also jealous that she’s rail thin and is incredibly wealthy! That doesn’t prevent us from being friends.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Ok...
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ok and?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 3

Unread post

*eyeroll
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Meh, maybe she is, maybe she isn't. If someone is willing to come pick up one of my kids and take them out, I'm all for it. I'll stay home with my other monsters and a glass of wine, even if DH is home.

Maybe she works more than you outside the home. Maybe she just has more kids or her kids have more activities than yours. Maybe she's just used to having more help. Anyway, it's not something to be all judgy about.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Nopeville wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:40 pm Meh, maybe she is, maybe she isn't. If someone is willing to come pick up one of my kids and take them out, I'm all for it. I'll stay home with my other monsters and a glass of wine, even if DH is home.

Maybe she works more than you outside the home. Maybe she just has more kids or her kids have more activities than yours. Maybe she's just used to having more help. Anyway, it's not something to be all judgy about.
We have the same number of children and I work. She doesn’t.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:43 pm
Nopeville wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:40 pm Meh, maybe she is, maybe she isn't. If someone is willing to come pick up one of my kids and take them out, I'm all for it. I'll stay home with my other monsters and a glass of wine, even if DH is home.

We have the same number of children and I work. She doesn’t.
Ok and?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Shell7m
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lol, poor woman. Hope she never loses her help. I have 4 boys and 3 step kids and NO nanny and they cover 5 different schools. She would be crazy in my life..Lol!!
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Some people were taught not to solve their own problems
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:14 pm We are currently having a winter storm and ODS is having a friend sleep over. I decided I wanted the boys TIRED, so I took them to an indoor sports place earlier and invited another friend of theirs. Other friend’s mom said “I wish I could take them but DH is traveling and I’m juggling the kids schedules on my own and my nanny has the long weekend off. Can you pick him up?” I didn’t have the heart / guts to tell her that my DH is also away on business lol.
She may helpless but you are gutless/spineless. She's smarter than you since she has you taking her son to and from activities.
Locked Previous topicNext topic