Have you tried Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, Sunbasket, etc?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I’m actually a good cook, but I’ve been meaning to try one of these for years now just to get some new ideas. If you’ve tried them, how was your experience?
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I looked into a couple but they were expensive. It didn't seem worth it to me.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

I haven’t because they are pricey, limited, and don’t give us enough leftovers. And I’d still have to go grocery shopping anyway.

However, an alternative that I’ve found really great is doing eMeals and Instacart delivery. Then I can tweak the recipes a little easier, plus get all of the other groceries that I need. EMeals will export the shopping list in generates to Instacart, then you just go through and verify which specific items you want and add anything else you need. It takes like 10-15 minutes.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I would really like to but I'm sure it would be way too expensive for 6 people for dinners.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I haven't
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It seems expensive for one meal.
I shit glitter
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You could always just view chef communities or aspiring chefs even for ideas. There's a lot out there, including family recipes.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’ve looked at them but they all seem expensive for what you get.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Just go to pinterest
AnnOhn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I do Blue Apron regularly.

I like that BA allows you to select your menu. Most of the others do not. I’ve learned new twists to cook family favorites - my family loves their BBQ sloppy joes recipe.

The portions are huge. We are a family of 3 and buy the two-person menu. It’s more than enough for all 3 of us plus lunch for 1-2 the next day.

It’s $60 per week but they send me regular coupons so it’s usually spend $45 per week for us. I don’t think $15 per dinner ($5/person) is bad. We spend way more than that picking up McDonalds.
Locked Previous topicNext topic