Which waterpark is better?

Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I want to surprise and take my dd to a waterpark in the Poconos this year for her 14th birthday .Which one is better Kalahari or camel back lodge? My kids are thrill seekers they need the big slides.I don't know which one would be better because all the indoor parks we went to in the past were small and babyish with only two bigger slides(cocokey)
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I have never been to either BUT I know plenty of people that have been and rave about Kalahari.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

If you are focused only on the waterpark, go to Kalahari. If you want more of a vacation/getaway feel, go to Camelback. Kalahari has the superior, larger waterpark. Camelback overall offers more activities as a whole, with fun options at an extra cost. There are more food choices at Kalahari, but IMO overall food quality is better at Camelback. Rooms are similar, nothing super luxurious about either place. Bunk bed room at Camelback was larger and more comfortable, with two full-sized bunk beds rather than one small bunk at Kalahari. Arcade was much larger at Kalahari.: Camelback’s Aquatopia is definitely smaller than Kalahari, but it still has plenty to keep kids occupied. The area for toddlers seemed pretty small, especially compared to Kalahari. The lazy river is shorter than Kalahari, but the theming made it really fun. The glass ceiling added lots of nice light and warmth to the wave pool and center play structure areas. However, the stairs leading to the bigger slides/rides was grey, dark, and looked pretty run down for a place that has only been open a couple of years. The center play structure had 3 slides, with the top one requiring 48” height, which seems high for a kiddie play structure. No hot tub anymore, just a warmer pool filled with kids. The lifeguards at the Flowrider were much better at Kalahari. At Camelback, they just basically gave...
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:55 am If you are focused only on the waterpark, go to Kalahari. If you want more of a vacation/getaway feel, go to Camelback. Kalahari has the superior, larger waterpark. Camelback overall offers more activities as a whole, with fun options at an extra cost. There are more food choices at Kalahari, but IMO overall food quality is better at Camelback. Rooms are similar, nothing super luxurious about either place. Bunk bed room at Camelback was larger and more comfortable, with two full-sized bunk beds rather than one small bunk at Kalahari. Arcade was much larger at Kalahari.: Camelback’s Aquatopia is definitely smaller than Kalahari, but it still has plenty to keep kids occupied. The area for toddlers seemed pretty small, especially compared to Kalahari. The lazy river is shorter than Kalahari, but the theming made it really fun. The glass ceiling added lots of nice light and warmth to the wave pool and center play structure areas. However, the stairs leading to the bigger slides/rides was grey, dark, and looked pretty run down for a place that has only been open a couple of years. The center play structure had 3 slides, with the top one requiring 48” height, which seems high for a kiddie play structure. No hot tub anymore, just a warmer pool filled with kids. The lifeguards at the Flowrider were much better at Kalahari. At Camelback, they just basically gave...
Wow that was very detailed and very nice comparisons thank you so much for the information youve swayed me were gonna go with kalahari
Anonymous 2

Unread post

When we checked into Kalahari resorts there was blood and semen on the shower curtain in our room, so I’m definitely never going back. It was so disgusting.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Kookookrazy wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:03 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:55 am If you are focused only on the waterpark, go to Kalahari. If you want more of a vacation/getaway feel, go to Camelback. Kalahari has the superior, larger waterpark. Camelback overall offers more activities as a whole, with fun options at an extra cost. There are more food choices at Kalahari, but IMO overall food quality is better at Camelback. Rooms are similar, nothing super luxurious about either place. Bunk bed room at Camelback was larger and more comfortable, with two full-sized bunk beds rather than one small bunk at Kalahari. Arcade was much larger at Kalahari.: Camelback’s Aquatopia is definitely smaller than Kalahari, but it still has plenty to keep kids occupied. The area for toddlers seemed pretty small, especially compared to Kalahari. The lazy river is shorter than Kalahari, but the theming made it really fun. The glass ceiling added lots of nice light and warmth to the wave pool and center play structure areas. However, the stairs leading to the bigger slides/rides was grey, dark, and looked pretty run down for a place that has only been open a couple of years. The center play structure had 3 slides, with the top one requiring 48” height, which seems high for a kiddie play structure. No hot tub anymore, just a warmer pool filled with kids. The lifeguards at the Flowrider were much better at Kalahari. At Camelback, they just basically gave...
Wow that was very detailed and very nice comparisons thank you so much for the information youve swayed me were gonna go with kalahari
She copied/pasted a review from Trip Advisor. Lol

But really, Trip Advisor is a great resource for vacation planning. There and Rick Steves’ guides are my go-tos.
Locked Previous topicNext topic