Stupid mofos!

thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:54 pm My husband is taking it to work tomorrow, where men actually do their jobs correctly and won't notice 😏
Thats just a damn shame! :x
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:09 pm I've always been clueless with meat and what it means to cut with the grain or against the grain. But then, I've never worked at a meat shop either.

I'd take it back and complain. At the very least they should give you your $16 back and if it really makes that much of a difference then I'd push for them to reimburse you the $35 also. See what they say.
They really should know though. I don't want any money, I just won't use them again.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

thunderkiss65 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:55 pm It seems like a trivial complaint, but until you have had to struggle to eat tough brisket not cut across the grain, you know nothing lol. Luckily when I make mine, I smoke it for several hours so it all just falls apart in a succulent sauce lol. Damn now I want a brisket... my meat loaf is looking like shit right now lol.

PS.. I would have my husband call them and demand at least part of my money back or a discount or something.
I'm getting my own smoker after this fiasco. If you have any suggestions on what I should get that would be awesome.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

thunderkiss65 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:56 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:54 pm My husband is taking it to work tomorrow, where men actually do their jobs correctly and won't notice 😏
Thats just a damn shame! :x
I know but they will enjoy it.
thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:06 pm
thunderkiss65 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:55 pm It seems like a trivial complaint, but until you have had to struggle to eat tough brisket not cut across the grain, you know nothing lol. Luckily when I make mine, I smoke it for several hours so it all just falls apart in a succulent sauce lol. Damn now I want a brisket... my meat loaf is looking like sh*t right now lol.

PS.. I would have my husband call them and demand at least part of my money back or a discount or something.
I'm getting my own smoker after this fiasco. If you have any suggestions on what I should get that would be awesome.
We have an Ok. joe offset smoker. Its pretty straight forward and holds the heat real well. I can't complain :). Also, I believe char-griller brand is pretty decent. You want to get one with heavy gauge metal. The light weight smokers wont hold heat as well, it will also cost you in wood ( if you go the wood route). There are gas and pellet options, but I have no experience with either of them.
thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

thunderkiss65 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:55 pm It seems like a trivial complaint, but until you have had to struggle to eat tough brisket not cut across the grain, you know nothing lol. Luckily when I make mine, I smoke it for several hours so it all just falls apart in a succulent sauce lol. Damn now I want a brisket... my meat loaf is looking like sh*t right now lol.

We have an Ok. joe offset smoker. Its pretty straight forward and holds the heat real well. I can't complain :). Also, I believe char-griller brand is pretty decent. You want to get one with heavy gauge metal. The light weight smokers wont hold heat as well, it will also cost you in wood ( if you go the wood route). There are gas and pellet options, but I have no experience with either of them.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:09 pm I've always been clueless with meat and what it means to cut with the grain or against the grain. But then, I've never worked at a meat shop either.

I'd take it back and complain. At the very least they should give you your $16 back and if it really makes that much of a difference then I'd push for them to reimburse you the $35 also. See what they say.
This
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sounds like you should do more research before hiring someone else to cook a brisket. Clearly they didn't know what they were doing & you got suckered into paying them.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

thunderkiss65 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:38 pm

That's a good one! I was up from 3 to 4:30 doing research. So how often do have to add wood? Do you use charcoal in it too? I'll watch some YouTube on it after a bit..
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:32 am Sounds like you should do more research before hiring someone else to cook a brisket. Clearly they didn't know what they were doing & you got suckered into paying them.
I have used this place to smoke at least 25lbs of tritips in the past and they did a fantastic job. They changed ownership, now it is owned by Indians.
Locked Previous topicNext topic