Sometimes I forget what a wonderful company I work for

Deleted User 172

Unread post

Until someone makes a comment about it.
I'm not going to tell what company I work for but I can say that we're working on fixing the way healthcare is ran in this country. It's not a hospital system or an insurance company.
Anyway, just a few minutes ago the guy that owns the cafe downstairs in our old building (a block away from current building) was on our floor looking a little lost. So I walk out there and ask if he's ok.
Ryan (cafe owner) explained how he's thinking about renting the space across the way and asked if I wouldn't mind giving him and his wife a tour of our space.
Our space is incredible. We've got an amazing view and on a clear day (not today) you can see a good 15-20 miles I think. IDK how much but you can see to the ship channel and I work in the museum district.
So I take them everywhere, show them our kitchen, great room then take them out on the balcony.
After the tour I walk them back out to the elevators and his wife was like this is incredible. Ryan starts talking about how my company built the Women's Hospital of Texas. I was like oh yeah we did own that, we sold it though. We're launching a pharmacy within the next few weeks and explain how we've opened 4 new imaging centers throughout the city within the last year and 2 new infusion centers and have quadrupled the number of care centers (doctors offices) we have in the area within the last 2 years. We've also had care centers join from Austin and Brenham/College station with in the last year and sometime next year they're going to expand to San Antonio. There's more but I'm sure you're tired of reading.

Sometimes I forget why I do the things that I do here. Why I work so hard, why I deal with all the BS. Why i let people talk to me crazy or why I put in the extra hours and why I drive 20 miles in traffic to get here everyday. But then I remember when I have conversations like this.

Anyway, I couldn't upload the video that I took from our balcony but just so nobody calls me a liar here's a pic from our balcony. (Not from today, the fog is still pretty thick here.)

The night time picture is just gorgeous and is from our Christmas party.
BLF_1105.jpg
20170614_161757.jpg
Here's a day time view of just one side of the building.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Beautiful view
Locked Previous topicNext topic