Welfare

Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:11 am if you are receiving assistance you have to report the income of anyone living in the home. and if you’re unmarried with children you waive your right to receive child support so if you are claiming the father of your kids doesn’t live with you, they collect the amount of assistance you get back from him. if your CS exceeds the amount of assistance you would get they close your case.
Anonymous2.0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:49 am Not allowing people to use it as a means to stay home. Get a job. A full time job. And include incomes of the fathers or boyfriends (or moms/girlfriends) if they aren’t married. Too many people don’t get married just so they don’t have to claim the other income. BS. You are not a single mom. Or dad. You just want a freaking handout.
Well, what happens when the mom uses a family member’s address and the dad lives with her......I worked in child care many years and seen all kinds of variations of deception.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would eliminate all welfare. No food stamps, no housing assistance, etc.

The only people who really need help are the severely mentally ill who are in institutions. They need to be there and someone has to pay the institutions. That may fall under Medicaid or a similar service, not welfare.

Hunger is a great motivator. Years ago there was no welfare, yet somehow people survived. Welfare just increases the amount of people who live off it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:15 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:10 am
caustib wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:40 am

The thing that would concern me about that is the people who will not take care of their kids, no matter how you cut it. No one wants kids to suffer, so we would just come full circle and have the guaranteed income plus a ton of other programs to back up the people that mishandle it.
I do not understand. Currently people have their children removed from their care all the time. Communities have to have massive backpack programs, because despite food vouchers, children supposedly are starving & food insecure. So how are all these regulations, which actually cost much more money, benefitting the poor youth?
it will be just like now. These families receive free breakfast and lunch for their kids at school and food stamps and go to food banks and yet the kids still don't get fed.............because the F***ing parents are lazy or they eat all the food themselves or they sell the food to make a buck.

I know plenty of people who make deals where "I will let you buy $100 of groceries with my food stamp card-if you give me $50 cash". I was standing right there when my friend and her other friend made that deal.

Again you can't ever make bad parents be good parents and CPS won't take them from their parents in most cases.

There is no real answer besides bringing back orphanages and going to a dictatorship communist thing where we sterilize people and don't let them have kids if they can't take care of them.
That makes me so sad. I think, many people can step up and do the right thing. Sure some people may be evil, but so many are good people who found themselves in bad circumstances continuing the circle of poverty. But I think it takes culture shifts in communities, quite small& local, to help them. Motivate them up with resources that give them power NOT assistance with all these strings attached to remind them, they aren’t trusted & keep them dependent since they have no future but the same stays quo.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

cellomom26 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:13 pm I would eliminate all welfare. No food stamps, no housing assistance, etc.

The only people who really need help are the severely mentally ill who are in institutions. They need to be there and someone has to pay the institutions. That may fall under Medicaid or a similar service, not welfare.

Hunger is a great motivator. Years ago there was no welfare, yet somehow people survived. Welfare just increases the amount of people who live off it.
This makes me sad too.

But I do think we could have a lot of commmunity resources to supplement the void of national spending. It would fill the gaps probably with less waste.
RedBottoms

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:46 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:15 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:10 am

I do not understand. Currently people have their children removed from their care all the time. Communities have to have massive backpack programs, because despite food vouchers, children supposedly are starving & food insecure. So how are all these regulations, which actually cost much more money, benefitting the poor youth?
it will be just like now. These families receive free breakfast and lunch for their kids at school and food stamps and go to food banks and yet the kids still don't get fed.............because the F***ing parents are lazy or they eat all the food themselves or they sell the food to make a buck.

I know plenty of people who make deals where "I will let you buy $100 of groceries with my food stamp card-if you give me $50 cash". I was standing right there when my friend and her other friend made that deal.

Again you can't ever make bad parents be good parents and CPS won't take them from their parents in most cases.

There is no real answer besides bringing back orphanages and going to a dictatorship communist thing where we sterilize people and don't let them have kids if they can't take care of them.
That makes me so sad. I think, many people can step up and do the right thing. Sure some people may be evil, but so many are good people who found themselves in bad circumstances continuing the circle of poverty. But I think it takes culture shifts in communities, quite small& local, to help them. Motivate them up with resources that give them power NOT assistance with all these strings attached to remind them, they aren’t trusted & keep them dependent since they have no future but the same stays quo.
its not even that they are evil. They are just ignorant and uneducated and don't have delayed gratification. They would rather get a Happy Meal for their kids than buy real food at the grocery store and cook it. Maybe they never even learned how to cook.

Or they would rather buy cigs than their kids school supplies. Not evil per se-but bad
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The food stamp program should be expanded. No one in this country should go hungry for simply making $1 too much to qualify.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is so true!!! There has to be more of a push for mothers to include fathers in the lives of their child(ren).
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:57 am
hotspice58 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:50 am I believe now if the father isn't living in the home and a mother signs up for assistance, the mother has to give the name of the father. However, a Jewish community in New Jersey was arrested for abusing the system. and more needs to be done with mental illness. A lot of people on welfare suffer some sort of mental illness that makes him/her underemployable or unemployable.
My friend tried to sign up for TNcare for her DD years and years ago. She was a single mother who got knocked up from a one night stand. The guy at first denied the kid and would not have anything to do with her. But eventually asked to come around and she flipped out and would not let him. Baby was maybe 14 months when he tried to start a relationship. She was mad he did not kiss her ass when she was pregnant and sh*t. I explained to her they were not together so he did not owe her that.

Anyway, she tried to sign up her DD for TNcare when she was about 3 and they told her she would have to name the father and they had to go after him for child support first. But she flipped out because she knew if he paid child support-he could also go for custody or visitation. So she turned down the health care and figured out how to pay for private insurance.

Maybe if we held more moms accountable for stuff-they would magically find solutions like my friend did
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Then you need to do away with discrimination which still exists.
cellomom26 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:13 pm I would eliminate all welfare. No food stamps, no housing assistance, etc.

libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:41 am All able-bodied people have to be working or genuinely looking for work. I'm 100% fine with spending way more on passing out childcare vouchers, bus passes and vouchers for other types of transportation. Yes, I already know that everyone on this board lives 357 miles from the nearest bus, but just as many people live near public transportation. Something else can be figured out for rural people.

No more making so many babies that it's impossible to work because of childcare costs while you sit at home collecting a million different programs. Nope, you're getting a job. Make another baby? S/he goes to daycare like plenty of other children of working people.

Working brings more self-respect, more work experience, a chance for promotions, possible tuition reimbursement if your employer offers it and you want to go to school and it sets an example other than a cycle of bringing multiple children into poverty, living off the government. I grew up in that ridiculous environment and it's long past time to work towards eliminating it.

I know people will fight the idea of actually working with miles long lists of excuses, but it won't change my mind.
This is excellent!
Bravo
Why are you anon?
You should be proud of your reply and use your screen name!
👏👍🏻
RedBottoms

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:44 pm This is so true!!! There has to be more of a push for mothers to include fathers in the lives of their child(ren).
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:57 am
hotspice58 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:50 am I believe now if the father isn't living in the home and a mother signs up for assistance, the mother has to give the name of the father. However, a Jewish community in New Jersey was arrested for abusing the system. and more needs to be done with mental illness. A lot of people on welfare suffer some sort of mental illness that makes him/her underemployable or unemployable.
My friend tried to sign up for TNcare for her DD years and years ago. She was a single mother who got knocked up from a one night stand. The guy at first denied the kid and would not have anything to do with her. But eventually asked to come around and she flipped out and would not let him. Baby was maybe 14 months when he tried to start a relationship. She was mad he did not kiss her ass when she was pregnant and sh*t. I explained to her they were not together so he did not owe her that.

Anyway, she tried to sign up her DD for TNcare when she was about 3 and they told her she would have to name the father and they had to go after him for child support first. But she flipped out because she knew if he paid child support-he could also go for custody or visitation. So she turned down the health care and figured out how to pay for private insurance.

Maybe if we held more moms accountable for stuff-they would magically find solutions like my friend did
He was a douche to her at first about the pregnancy and his family wanted a DNA test etc. And she got all butthurt about that-but what do you expect? Ya'll weren't a couple. You weren't married etc.

But he did try to come around I believe after the baby was born and she shut him out and again when the baby was a toddler and each time she shut him out. She expected him to be there rubbing her feet when pregnant and kissing her ass and it does not work that way. If you want that-you don't get knocked up till you are in love and married. If he does not love you, he is not going to do that.

But her DD deserved at least a shot at having a father in her life and she never got it. Her mother ruined that. She was my really good friend but I always told her the straight TRUTH about how I felt about that situation and she didn't like it but whatever.
Locked Previous topicNext topic