Reward people who use the system

RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:49 pm Putting something on credit is debt. It isnt hard to understand

Yes they taught me how to budget which is why I have never had one penny worth of debt in my entire life.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:48 pm No. It's not. Did they teach budgeting or financing in your high school?
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:32 pm That is still debt and nothing to brag about
So how did you buy a house without debt? Or do you just rent which financially is not good long term
Anonymous 14

Unread post

Reds, I have that card, too! And when my kid was little, we earned several days of entrance to the park. We used our rewards to stock our at-home Disney DVD library and bought many Disney theme related gifts with those rewards. We never took advantage of the Broadway tickets, though. Never cared to. But now that the kiddo has grown, we too have switched credit cards because I like to earn ALL THE GIFT CARDS to give out as Christmas gifts!

I think you're a wise woman with your credit card usage. And I think that whoever this poster is, she could stand to learn a lot from you!
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:34 pm
Anonymous 13 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 pm And I'd be willing to bet that it was YOUR idea to put those things on the credit card so that you could earn as many REWARDS as possible. And so, that would make it YOUR accomplishment!

Another one defending reds today!
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Because I handle all budgeting. I make sure we don't over spend and live within our means. I have never forgotten to pay a bill and got late fees and a bad mark on our credit.

You do realize in the eyes of the law-its OUR money right? Legally married couples share funds and debts. If we got divorced tomorrow-the Judge would consider the money to be both of ours and then decide how to split it up. I came into the marriage with money-my Grandmother gave me the washer and dryer-does that mean its MINE and not DH's? No. Its Ours.
we need to switch cards but It was my idea to get the Disney Visa. We earn points that can be used to pay for Disney movie passes at the theater or money to spend at Disney parks and resorts on hotel, tickets, souvenirs, food etc. You can buy stuff at Disney stores with it. I think you can get Disney broadway musical tickets with it.

Since we love Disney and had young kids-it was cool. We almost paid for 5 4 day tickets in full with Disney points. I think we paid all but $300 for those with points. Never paid a penny in interest on that card. Ever.

Lately we don't have any more Disney trips planned so I think I need to maybe switch cards but I have been using the points to take my kids to see Disney movies at the theater for free. We took 2 of their friends to see Nutcracker and the 4 Realms and did not cost us a penny. We saw Wreck it Ralph 2 for free.

Our debit card rewards SUCK. I don't think you get anything. At least we get something from the Disney Visa.
Anonymous 14

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:53 pm
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:49 pm Putting something on credit is debt. It isnt hard to understand

Yes they taught me how to budget which is why I have never had one penny worth of debt in my entire life.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:48 pm No. It's not. Did they teach budgeting or financing in your high school?

So how did you buy a house without debt? Or do you just rent which financially is not good long term
I buy everything I own outright
Anonymous 0

Unread post

Anonymous 14 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:54 pm Reds, I have that card, too! And when my kid was little, we earned several days of entrance to the park. We used our rewards to stock our at-home Disney DVD library and bought many Disney theme related gifts with those rewards. We never took advantage of the Broadway tickets, though. Never cared to. But now that the kiddo has grown, we too have switched credit cards because I like to earn ALL THE GIFT CARDS to give out as Christmas gifts!

I think you're a wise woman with your credit card usage. And I think that whoever this poster is, she could stand to learn a lot from you!
Anonymous 13 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 pm And I'd be willing to bet that it was YOUR idea to put those things on the credit card so that you could earn as many REWARDS as possible. And so, that would make it YOUR accomplishment!

Another one defending reds today!

we need to switch cards but It was my idea to get the Disney Visa. We earn points that can be used to pay for Disney movie passes at the theater or money to spend at Disney parks and resorts on hotel, tickets, souvenirs, food etc. You can buy stuff at Disney stores with it. I think you can get Disney broadway musical tickets with it.

Since we love Disney and had young kids-it was cool. We almost paid for 5 4 day tickets in full with Disney points. I think we paid all but $300 for those with points. Never paid a penny in interest on that card. Ever.

Lately we don't have any more Disney trips planned so I think I need to maybe switch cards but I have been using the points to take my kids to see Disney movies at the theater for free. We took 2 of their friends to see Nutcracker and the 4 Realms and did not cost us a penny. We saw Wreck it Ralph 2 for free.

Our debit card rewards SUCK. I don't think you get anything. At least we get something from the Disney Visa.
Why would someone who has never had any debt want to learn from someone who has it? That doesnt even make sense.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

how long have you been staying at home?
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:42 am
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:40 am
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 am However, OP, while I respect your son for going to school and trying to better himself-he really had no business having 2 kids before he already had an education and was doing well financially. That was not even a one time mistake-he make that mistake twice. So he is not innocent in this either.
You never know. It could be you one day.
Yes, we all know your dh makes enough money so you can sah and tell stories on the internet.

But if he got sick and could not work and you couldn't make enough and all your savings is going to outrageous medical cost while keeping your home and paying bills.

You might find yourself applying for benefits.
Sweetie-I have an education I got BEFORE having kids. So at the very least I am practicing what I preach. You are supposed to go to trade school or college BEFORE having kids. Which I did.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

how long have you been staying at home?
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:42 am
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:40 am
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 am However, OP, while I respect your son for going to school and trying to better himself-he really had no business having 2 kids before he already had an education and was doing well financially. That was not even a one time mistake-he make that mistake twice. So he is not innocent in this either.
You never know. It could be you one day.
Yes, we all know your dh makes enough money so you can sah and tell stories on the internet.

But if he got sick and could not work and you couldn't make enough and all your savings is going to outrageous medical cost while keeping your home and paying bills.

You might find yourself applying for benefits.
Sweetie-I have an education I got BEFORE having kids. So at the very least I am practicing what I preach. You are supposed to go to trade school or college BEFORE having kids. Which I did.
Anonymous 0

Unread post

Not buying it.

Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:32 pm That is still debt and nothing to brag about
Anonymous 0

Unread post

Irrelevant information.
She never once said that debt was something to brag about.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:51 pm
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:42 pm I have not heard one person in this thread say that they are proud to have debts.
Redbottoms brags about everything she has even though it is nothing to brag about
Anonymous 0

Unread post

Nope.
Anonymous 14 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:57 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:53 pm

I buy everything I own outright
Anonymous 0

Unread post

Because he who claims to have purchased a home without borrowing is most definitely lying and could stand to learn a few things about finances.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:59 pm
Anonymous 14 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:54 pm Reds, I have that card, too! And when my kid was little, we earned several days of entrance to the park. We used our rewards to stock our at-home Disney DVD library and bought many Disney theme related gifts with those rewards. We never took advantage of the Broadway tickets, though. Never cared to. But now that the kiddo has grown, we too have switched credit cards because I like to earn ALL THE GIFT CARDS to give out as Christmas gifts!

Why would someone who has never had any debt want to learn from someone who has it? That doesnt even make sense.
Locked Previous topicNext topic