Reward people who use the system

RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 13 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 pm And I'd be willing to bet that it was YOUR idea to put those things on the credit card so that you could earn as many REWARDS as possible. And so, that would make it YOUR accomplishment!

Another one defending reds today!
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:06 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:01 pm
YOU don't pay anything, your husband does. YOU use his money from him working, why do you see that as an accomplishment?
Because I handle all budgeting. I make sure we don't over spend and live within our means. I have never forgotten to pay a bill and got late fees and a bad mark on our credit.

You do realize in the eyes of the law-its OUR money right? Legally married couples share funds and debts. If we got divorced tomorrow-the Judge would consider the money to be both of ours and then decide how to split it up. I came into the marriage with money-my Grandmother gave me the washer and dryer-does that mean its MINE and not DH's? No. Its Ours.
we need to switch cards but It was my idea to get the Disney Visa. We earn points that can be used to pay for Disney movie passes at the theater or money to spend at Disney parks and resorts on hotel, tickets, souvenirs, food etc. You can buy stuff at Disney stores with it. I think you can get Disney broadway musical tickets with it.

Since we love Disney and had young kids-it was cool. We almost paid for 5 4 day tickets in full with Disney points. I think we paid all but $300 for those with points. Never paid a penny in interest on that card. Ever.

Lately we don't have any more Disney trips planned so I think I need to maybe switch cards but I have been using the points to take my kids to see Disney movies at the theater for free. We took 2 of their friends to see Nutcracker and the 4 Realms and did not cost us a penny. We saw Wreck it Ralph 2 for free.

Our debit card rewards SUCK. I don't think you get anything. At least we get something from the Disney Visa.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 14 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:31 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:30 pm
Anonymous 13 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Okay but it is still debt. It is nothing to brag about. You couldnt afford things on your own
You do realize even millionaires have mortgages right?
And? That is a choice they make. Having debt is nothing to brag about. All it is saying is you arent able to afford what you want in life on your own.
Okay Becky. Yes, you win, I cant afford to buy a house with cash. Sue me. I don't think I am alone in that one. lol
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:11 pm Agreed, being on welfare is not because of good decisions.
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:35 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:24 pm Not when he was on a crapton of welfare.

Being on welfare is not because of good decisions.
In some cases however, it's not always because of bad decisions.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 14

Unread post

Reds, I think it's time to abandon this thread. I think this is a troll.
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:25 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:22 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:19 pm

You can get good credit without going into debt. I had fairly good credit at 23 just because at like 20 I took out a credit card and put stuff on it and then paid it off in full every month. No debt. No interest and yet I had a fairly good credit score to start my independent life with when I graduated college.
No you cant. The second you have any sort of credit... that is debt. That is something you owe. How is it you dont understand how this works?

You had a ton of debt in the form of a house, cars, etc etc. Debt is nothing at all to brag about.
there is no etc. Its my car which will be paid off in full in April years early and the mortgage.
Anonymous 0

Unread post

I have not heard one person in this thread say that they are proud to have debts.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:32 pm That is still debt and nothing to brag about
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:29 pm And you can get cash back with a credit card without having gone into debt, too. Simply charge what you want and when the bill comes in, pay it all back at once. No interest. No debt.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:25 pm You can get cash back with a debit card without having to go into debt

I would never go into debt. It just is not an option for me.
Anonymous 0

Unread post

Not being able to get a loan from a bank is nothing to brag about either.

Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:16 pm That would be stupid in my opinion. Going into debt is not smart IMO
You can get good credit without going into debt. I had fairly good credit at 23 just because at like 20 I took out a credit card and put stuff on it and then paid it off in full every month. No debt. No interest and yet I had a fairly good credit score to start my independent life with when I graduated college.
No you cant. The second you have any sort of credit... that is debt. That is something you owe. How is it you dont understand how this works?

You had a ton of debt in the form of a house, cars, etc etc. Debt is nothing at all to brag about.
Anonymous 0

Unread post

No. It's not. Did they teach budgeting or financing in your high school?
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:32 pm That is still debt and nothing to brag about
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:29 pm And you can get cash back with a credit card without having gone into debt, too. Simply charge what you want and when the bill comes in, pay it all back at once. No interest. No debt.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:25 pm You can get cash back with a debit card without having to go into debt

I would never go into debt. It just is not an option for me.
Anonymous 0

Unread post

I would never rely on a bank. I buy everything out right. There is nothhing wrong with that.

Needing a loan is nothing to brag about.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:45 pm Not being able to get a loan from a bank is nothing to brag about either.

Anonymous 0

Unread post

Putting something on credit is debt. It isnt hard to understand

Yes they taught me how to budget which is why I have never had one penny worth of debt in my entire life.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:48 pm No. It's not. Did they teach budgeting or financing in your high school?

Anonymous 0

Unread post

Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:42 pm I have not heard one person in this thread say that they are proud to have debts.

Redbottoms brags about everything she has even though it is nothing to brag about
Locked Previous topicNext topic