Reward people who use the system

Anonymous 12

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:19 pm
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:16 pm That would be stupid in my opinion. Going into debt is not smart IMO
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:15 pm What if you -could- afford your stuff on your own but chose a loan anyhow?

You can get good credit without going into debt. I had fairly good credit at 23 just because at like 20 I took out a credit card and put stuff on it and then paid it off in full every month. No debt. No interest and yet I had a fairly good credit score to start my independent life with when I graduated college.
No you cant. The second you have any sort of credit... that is debt. That is something you owe. How is it you dont understand how this works?

You had a ton of debt in the form of a house, cars, etc etc. Debt is nothing at all to brag about.
Anonymous 0

Unread post

You can get cash back with a debit card without having to go into debt

I would never go into debt. It just is not an option for me.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 pm Borrowing isn't always done because a person doesn't have cash or because he can't afford something. Sometimes it's done because the borrower is earning cash back on the amount borrowed. As long as the borrower pays their full bill each month and no interest, this is actually a very wise thing to do.

Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:58 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:55 pm

that is not how it works at all. I never pay interest on anything but my mortgage and my car which is going to be paid of years early. We paid off our last brand new car years early. I put everything on my credit card each month and then pay the bill off in full when it comes so that we establish good credit on paying on time in full and we get rewards points like when we literally bought out Disney World tickets with points-but I never pay a penny in interest.
That is exactly how it works. You could not afford those things on your own so you went into debt and borrowed money.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:16 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:10 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:01 pm
YOU don't pay anything, your husband does. YOU use his money from him working, why do you see that as an accomplishment?
In defense of Red (2nd time today, lol) some people choose to be SAHM and live off the single income. It's a completely foreign concept to me and seems a little outdated based on my own life but it works for some people.
When the family makes a choice like that the whole family participates. She's sacrificing her career and future so that her husband doesn't have to take off early to pick up one of the kids or go to doctors appointments, etc.
this. DH wanted to get top promotions and bonuses and the only reason he can do that is because he NEVER has taken a sick day in years. I think since we had the twins 11 years ago that man has maybe taken 3 or 4 sick days. In 11 years!!! Once when I was vomiting and so he had to care for the kids and once when I had to go help my friend in labor and he told his boss about that one ahead of time that it would be coming up and his boss was okay with it. And pretty much that is it. There might be one other in there.

That makes him look like an A++++ employee. Its why he always gets good raises and bonuses. Because he never has to take off to pick up a sick kid.
Forget everything you just said. In this post it is being said that a SAHM is worthless. Real nice. Yet working moms get offended when it’s pointed out they dump off their kids every day, are selfish etc. It’s funny.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:22 pm
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:16 pm That would be stupid in my opinion. Going into debt is not smart IMO
You can get good credit without going into debt. I had fairly good credit at 23 just because at like 20 I took out a credit card and put stuff on it and then paid it off in full every month. No debt. No interest and yet I had a fairly good credit score to start my independent life with when I graduated college.
No you cant. The second you have any sort of credit... that is debt. That is something you owe. How is it you dont understand how this works?

You had a ton of debt in the form of a house, cars, etc etc. Debt is nothing at all to brag about.
there is no etc. Its my car which will be paid off in full in April years early and the mortgage.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:25 pm

there is no etc. Its my car which will be paid off in full in April years early and the mortgage.
Okay but it is still debt. It is nothing to brag about. You couldnt afford things on your own
Anonymous 13

Unread post

And I'd be willing to bet that it was YOUR idea to put those things on the credit card so that you could earn as many REWARDS as possible. And so, that would make it YOUR accomplishment!

Another one defending reds today!
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:06 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:01 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:55 pm

that is not how it works at all. I never pay interest on anything but my mortgage and my car which is going to be paid of years early. We paid off our last brand new car years early. I put everything on my credit card each month and then pay the bill off in full when it comes so that we establish good credit on paying on time in full and we get rewards points like when we literally bought out Disney World tickets with points-but I never pay a penny in interest.
YOU don't pay anything, your husband does. YOU use his money from him working, why do you see that as an accomplishment?
Because I handle all budgeting. I make sure we don't over spend and live within our means. I have never forgotten to pay a bill and got late fees and a bad mark on our credit.

You do realize in the eyes of the law-its OUR money right? Legally married couples share funds and debts. If we got divorced tomorrow-the Judge would consider the money to be both of ours and then decide how to split it up. I came into the marriage with money-my Grandmother gave me the washer and dryer-does that mean its MINE and not DH's? No. Its Ours.
Anonymous 0

Unread post

And you can get cash back with a credit card without having gone into debt, too. Simply charge what you want and when the bill comes in, pay it all back at once. No interest. No debt.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:25 pm You can get cash back with a debit card without having to go into debt

Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 pm Borrowing isn't always done because a person doesn't have cash or because he can't afford something. Sometimes it's done because the borrower is earning cash back on the amount borrowed. As long as the borrower pays their full bill each month and no interest, this is actually a very wise thing to do.

Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:58 pm
That is exactly how it works. You could not afford those things on your own so you went into debt and borrowed money.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 13 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Okay but it is still debt. It is nothing to brag about. You couldnt afford things on your own
You do realize even millionaires have mortgages right?
Anonymous 14

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:30 pm
Anonymous 13 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 pm

You do realize even millionaires have mortgages right?
And? That is a choice they make. Having debt is nothing to brag about. All it is saying is you arent able to afford what you want in life on your own.
Anonymous 0

Unread post

That is still debt and nothing to brag about
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:29 pm And you can get cash back with a credit card without having gone into debt, too. Simply charge what you want and when the bill comes in, pay it all back at once. No interest. No debt.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:25 pm You can get cash back with a debit card without having to go into debt

Locked Previous topicNext topic