Reward people who use the system

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I called a group that helps people in times of need. I was hoping they could help my son. He went to tech school and got a decent job. He’s a single dad of 2. He’s worse off after finishing school and getting this job because he lost state assistance, food stamps, daycare assistant, health insurance...everything. Daycare is very expensive. He’s struggling.

They said they will help a jobless single parent that is on welfare but they say they can’t help my son.

It’s disapponting that we support those dedicated to welfare but not someone who’s hard working and struggling.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yeah, the system definitely needs reform. Time limits, expansions for special circumstances, no increase for subsequent children, etc. I'm sorry.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Being on welfare does not mean that someone isn't hardworking and that they are dedicated to welfare. While I wish there was enough to go around, organizations like that have limited funding so they stick to those who are below certain incomes and are most in need.
It would also probably be a good idea to if your son made these calls himself. It doesn't leave a good impression to the organizations when mom makes the call for him.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

He’s a perfect example of why the uneducated shouldn’t have children. He chose to do so (twice) and is now paying for it. No sympathy.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

What do you want them to help him with?
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I agree
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I agree. I've realized that some actually raise their children to just continue the cycle, grow up & get on welfare.
Anonymous 0

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:14 am He’s a perfect example of why the uneducated shouldn’t have children. He chose to do so (twice) and is now paying for it. No sympathy.
Aren't you sweet. OP clearly says he got an education. Clearly his circumstances have changed since having kids, at one point the children obviously had a second parent...
Anonymous 0

Unread post

He went to tech school -after- having kids.

So? He still made a bad choice (twice). So glad the taxpayers got to bail him out. Not.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:05 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:14 am He’s a perfect example of why the uneducated shouldn’t have children. He chose to do so (twice) and is now paying for it. No sympathy.
Aren't you sweet. OP clearly says he got an education. Clearly his circumstances have changed since having kids, at one point the children obviously had a second parent...
RedBottoms

Unread post

Agree 100%. We basically keep people on the system the way it is set up now. People are too scared to do better because they get completely kicked off the system even if they only make slightly more money.

We need a graduated system that slowly takes away help with each raise you get so that you learn to stand on your own over time. That way people are encouraged to do better and still get help as they go along.
Locked Previous topicNext topic