Reward people who use the system

Anonymous 0

Unread post

A lot of people do it the same way I do. Look it up if you dont believe me.

Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:29 pm Because he who claims to have purchased a home without borrowing is most definitely lying and could stand to learn a few things about finances.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:59 pm
Anonymous 14 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:54 pm Reds, I have that card, too! And when my kid was little, we earned several days of entrance to the park. We used our rewards to stock our at-home Disney DVD library and bought many Disney theme related gifts with those rewards. We never took advantage of the Broadway tickets, though. Never cared to. But now that the kiddo has grown, we too have switched credit cards because I like to earn ALL THE GIFT CARDS to give out as Christmas gifts!

I think you're a wise woman with your credit card usage. And I think that whoever this poster is, she could stand to learn a lot from you!

Why would someone who has never had any debt want to learn from someone who has it? That doesnt even make sense.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:38 pm
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:59 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:45 pm So people shouldn’t be held responsible for their bad choices?

I think op kid is being held responsible for his bad choices.
I think OP stopped reading ages ago.
LOL
And until someone builds a time machine and lets everybody use it saying things like shoulda coulda woulda doesn't help or change anything.
It happened, get over it. (Not you Wicked)
I don't understand sh*t like this. Yes, ok I coulda done things different. But there's this thing called TIME. and TIME only works one way, It's very linear, it doesn't do the Jeremy Bellamy. You can't turn it back and you can't make it go faster. It is what it is.
"I would never" I hate hearing that. You don't know what you would do until you've been in a position like we've been in.
I for one am quite proud of who I've become through all the 'I would never' of all the superior people on here.

Again Wicked, none of that was meant directly towards you.
I think we can all say we wish we would of done something differently. Some just rather hold a carrot over someones head.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 0

Unread post

If you have plenty of money, why isn’t it?
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:16 pm That would be stupid in my opinion. Going into debt is not smart IMO
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:15 pm What if you -could- afford your stuff on your own but chose a loan anyhow?
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:58 pm
That is exactly how it works. You could not afford those things on your own so you went into debt and borrowed money.
Anonymous 14

Unread post

Who said it always was?
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:38 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:11 pm Agreed, being on welfare is not because of good decisions.
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:35 pm
Being on welfare is not because of good decisions.
In some cases however, it's not always because of bad decisions.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 14 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:38 pm Who said it always was?
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:11 pm Agreed, being on welfare is not because of good decisions.

You.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 14

Unread post

Did she ever answer how she bought her house? It must be a cheap shanty.
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:53 pm
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:49 pm Putting something on credit is debt. It isnt hard to understand

Yes they taught me how to budget which is why I have never had one penny worth of debt in my entire life.
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:48 pm No. It's not. Did they teach budgeting or financing in your high school?

So how did you buy a house without debt? Or do you just rent which financially is not good long term
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 14 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:43 pm Did she ever answer how she bought her house? It must be a cheap shanty.
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:53 pm
Anonymous 0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:49 pm Putting something on credit is debt. It isnt hard to understand

Yes they taught me how to budget which is why I have never had one penny worth of debt in my entire life.
So how did you buy a house without debt? Or do you just rent which financially is not good long term
she probably rents. Or lives with her parents still.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:06 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:01 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:55 pm

that is not how it works at all. I never pay interest on anything but my mortgage and my car which is going to be paid of years early. We paid off our last brand new car years early. I put everything on my credit card each month and then pay the bill off in full when it comes so that we establish good credit on paying on time in full and we get rewards points like when we literally bought out Disney World tickets with points-but I never pay a penny in interest.
YOU don't pay anything, your husband does. YOU use his money from him working, why do you see that as an accomplishment?
Because I handle all budgeting. I make sure we don't over spend and live within our means. I have never forgotten to pay a bill and got late fees and a bad mark on our credit.

You do realize in the eyes of the law-its OUR money right? Legally married couples share funds and debts. If we got divorced tomorrow-the Judge would consider the money to be both of ours and then decide how to split it up. I came into the marriage with money-my Grandmother gave me the washer and dryer-does that mean its MINE and not DH's? No. Its Ours.
The money he makes is for the whole family including you and a lot of families work that way. Plenty of my friends are stay at home mothers.

Not talking about you but a lot of women end up on welfare because they get divorced and his money can’t afford two households. The woman goes back to work but can’t find a well paying job. It happens.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:05 pm I think the whole system needs an overhaul to REWARD working.

I also think that anyone who has never been financially self sufficient (one who has lived on his/her own and depended SOLELY on his/her own monies and not those of a parent or spouse) has no business looking down their nose at anyone who is relying on another.

Original Poster, encourage your son to continue to press forward. With a little ingenuity and some guidance, he can do this!
The ingenuity comment made think of something going on in a FB group I belong to. OP, your son could do it too. One of the members, with a few items from her pantry, has been going to the Dollar Tree and buying food items. Then she turns them into amazing things. She's made all kinds of cool meals, from items she bought at the dollar store.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 14 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:38 pm Who said it always was?

You.
I shit glitter
Locked Previous topicNext topic