Thanks, but no thanks

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My mother gave me a cover for my couch- but she doesn't want the cat on it. So the cat sits on a towel on the cover. She's not fond of animals on furniture. My ex was a toy collector and we used to argue about keeping boxes for some of his statues but he never set rules for the kids.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:50 pm So you destroyed it and then returned it? Am I understanding correctly?

Either return it in pristine condition so he can get his money back or do what you want and keep it. Destroying it and then returning it is just a massive D*ck move.

No. I gave it right back. I didn't let ds keep it because of bil's silly conditions. Ds is a teen and yes he ruins a lot of hats and clothes. He comes home all muddy a lot. The hat would get muddy from that.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:45 pm I wouldn't approve of my son being passive aggressive.
He is normally very well behaved. His teacher, friend's parents, leaders all love him. He is a good kid.
He is tired of being treated like a little kid by this uncle. He is the oldest grandkid by a lot. He hates being put in the group with the babies. This uncle thinks that ds should do what he says no matter what because ds is a child (teenager). Bil and I disagree a lot. I only put up with him because I like my sil.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I had a cousin who gave me an outfit for my son, but she wanted it back, and gave specific instructions on how it could be worn, and how she didn't want stains on it (for a freaking toddler!) and a couple of other things, that outfit went in the closet for three to six months (can't remember exactly).
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Maybe he paid a lot of money for the bat. If it was something like that, I would have hung it up and displayed it. Anything else I wouldn't have. Nor would I have allowed my son to get it all dirty and then take a picture of it and send it out just to upset someone. Who does that?

RedBottoms

Unread post

I would just ignore him and do whatever I wanted with it. If he bitched about it-I would just tell him to shut up and stop hanging out with him. why do you continue to hang out with inlaws girl? They suck so bad.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:08 am
SolidlyAverage wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:50 pm So you destroyed it and then returned it? Am I understanding correctly?

Either return it in pristine condition so he can get his money back or do what you want and keep it. Destroying it and then returning it is just a massive D*ck move.

No. I gave it right back. I didn't let ds keep it because of bil's silly conditions. Ds is a teen and yes he ruins a lot of hats and clothes. He comes home all muddy a lot. The hat would get muddy from that.
A teenager shouldn't be ruining clothes and hats on a regular basis. Or be getting muddy all the time. I have on my fourth teenager and unless they are playing a sport, painting, or participating in some other activity they do not come home covered in mud nor do they ruin clothes and hats. DS has had some of his hats for over a decade.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:28 am Maybe he paid a lot of money for the bat. If it was something like that, I would have hung it up and displayed it. Anything else I wouldn't have. Nor would I have allowed my son to get it all dirty and then take a picture of it and send it out just to upset someone. Who does that?
It was a $25 hat. Pretty much a basic one. Ds gets dirty. He sweats a lot outside. He plays sports, does scouts and does yard work for people. He trashed two hats this summer. They did their job of keeping the sun out of his eyes.
Bil treats ds like a baby. He thinks because he is older and ds is a teen that he can boss ds around. It's a build up of many things.

Who gives gifts with conditions?
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:26 am

A teenager shouldn't be ruining clothes and hats on a regular basis. Or be getting muddy all the time. I have on my fourth teenager and unless they are playing a sport, painting, or participating in some other activity they do not come home covered in mud nor do they ruin clothes and hats. DS has had some of his hats for over a decade.
He plays sports, he mows lawns and other yard work for people, he goes fishing and hiking a lot. He gets dirty doing that. He sweats and it ruins hats. My dad and dh both go through lots of baseball caps.
It's a simple baseball cap. It's not a big deal if he gets its dirty or stained. He is a good kid. He works hard and plays hard. Why give a gift with conditions?
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:26 am

He plays sports, he mows lawns and other yard work for people, he goes fishing and hiking a lot. He gets dirty doing that. He sweats and it ruins hats. My dad and dh both go through lots of baseball caps.
It's a simple baseball cap. It's not a big deal if he gets its dirty or stained. He is a good kid. He works hard and plays hard. Why give a gift with conditions?
Locked Previous topicNext topic