Thanks, but no thanks

CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have back a gift that bil gave to ds. It was a baseball bat with his favorite team's logo. Bil started in on how you can't get it wet, dirty, out it on the floor. It has to be hung up and looking like new.
He won't let his kids play with most of their toys. They can't be out of the package. They can't play in their good clothes. I know how he is with this. He got mad at my three year old dd for getting shoes dirty. I don't want to play his games or hear all about how my kids ruin all their stuff.

My son told me that I was funny and that he didn't care what bil said. He thinks we should have had fun. Got the hat really dirty and sent pictures out thanking bil for it.

What give a gift with lame conditions?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BIL sounds OCD.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would stop accepting gifts from him. Exactly what your title says. Thanks but no thanks. When asked why be honest. You think his conditional gift giving is absurd
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn't approve of my son being passive aggressive.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Some things are like that. Meant to be displayed and kept nice.

But everything can't be like that and too much is just clutter.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:49 pm Some things are like that. Meant to be displayed and kept nice.

Its not up to the giver to decide that
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I agree with you. One of my grandmas was like that and my mom just let us do whatever. It was mostly about Barbies. She wanted them left in the package. Not gonna happen. She’s like that with my son with certain cars. He takes everything apart even if I put it up. I’m not that worried about it. It’s his, he can do whatever with it. If it’s something really important I put it in a locked safe for when he’s older. Toys are not that serious imo. If she asks about it I just say well he got ahold of it.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:51 pm
Smarties wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:49 pm Some things are like that. Meant to be displayed and kept nice.

Its not up to the giver to decide that

Oh, did I say it was? No, I didnt.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

So you destroyed it and then returned it? Am I understanding correctly?

Either return it in pristine condition so he can get his money back or do what you want and keep it. Destroying it and then returning it is just a massive dick move.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It would not have occurred to me to do what he said in the first place. The giver doesn't get to dictate what is done with a gift.
Locked Previous topicNext topic